parrot disco altitude limit and return to home

At CES 2016 Parrot unveiled DISCO a new drone prototype that’s actually a full-blown fixed wing plane similar to the E-Bee sense fly but for end users.
igniter
Newcomer
Drone Type: DISCO
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

parrot disco altitude limit and return to home

Post by igniter » 20 Dec 2018, 18:26

Hi,
I managed to set the altitude limit to 2000.0 m to my Disco.
Since there isn't a limit of 150.0 m when it returns to home sometimes it climbs up to few hundred meters of extra altitude.
Imagine a situation when the Disco is flying up to 2 km of altitude and looses connection and gives some extra hundred meters of altitude and starts to circle unable to reach the range again?
Please comment.

waterlanding
Up and hovering
Drone Type: Bebop 2

Re: parrot disco altitude limit and return to home

Post by waterlanding » 21 Dec 2018, 01:46

igniter wrote:
20 Dec 2018, 18:26
Hi,
I managed to set the altitude limit to 2000.0 m to my Disco.
Since there isn't a limit of 150.0 m when it returns to home sometimes it climbs up to few hundred meters of extra altitude.
Imagine a situation when the Disco is flying up to 2 km of altitude and looses connection and gives some extra hundred meters of altitude and starts to circle unable to reach the range again?
Please comment.
I don't know of a single country where it's either legal, or safe to fly a drone at 2000 meters. That's where the 150m limit came from. You're flying in commercial airspace and giving every other drone operator a bad name.

You do know that the UK's second largest airport was shut down today because of jerks like you not following regulations? Or was that you? :?: