Skycontroller 2 will not turn off

Questions and answers about Bebop, Bebop 2 and the Parrot Skycontroller.
Eagle430s
Ready for take off
Drone Type: Bebop 2
Has thanked: 0

Skycontroller 2 will not turn off

Post by Eagle430s » 05 Dec 2018, 21:39

I just tried to update my skycontroller 2 via the free flight app
the new update was downloaded and then transferred to the skycontroller 2
then I got a message "connect your skycontroller 2 to your smartphone"
I noticed the skycontroller 2 red light (the turn on button) was on..i pressed it and nothing happened...pressed it again and again after a few seconds but nothing...after 3 minutes I press it again its like dead,,the red light on the on off button will not go off...I even try to charge it since it had 26% of battery but the red light on the skycontroller 2 will not turn off no matter how many times I press the on off button
any help?
I don't know if its just me being a easily annoying but its almost 2 weeks now since my drone switched off by its own and fell like a stone....and all these past days all I was getting from parrot customer support was to provide invoice of purchase...photos...and also a date of purchasing the drone,...not a word about any log files..any possible answer...now the skycontroller will not turn off its just stayed on and I have no idea how to turn it off with out causing any damage...
Is this normal for parrot drones? I mean my friend has a dji phantom 3 and never had any similar issues and also the customer support is very very responsive
I don't know but I guess all the negative reviews about parrot must be there for a reason

Eagle430s
Ready for take off

Re: Skycontroller 2 will not turn off

Post by Eagle430s » 05 Dec 2018, 22:47

I managed to turn it off by removing the battery of the skycontroller 2
I tried to update it again BUT... the updating is being downloaded to 100%...then being transferred to the controller..controller is rebooting and then it just stays like that
I mean my skycontroller 2 now it will not be recognised -connected at all...I open free flight pro and the skycontroller icon is red,,,(controller is on ofcourse ) trying to connect it but nothing happens..when I go to the update menu on the freelight pro is showing that there is version 1.0.5 for update (not being updated) ..I even tried to use my tablet to do it but again the same thing....update is being downloaded then transferred to the skycontroller 2...skycontroller 2 reboots and then it just not being recognised ,,,even from the menu of free flight pro I get the message connect your controller ????

AR.Tommy
Charged up again
Drone Type: Bebop

Post by AR.Tommy » 06 Dec 2018, 07:12

That is really bad. I recommend connecting the SkyController to a TV and boot it. It will show a lot of informations and very likely also an error message or something to guess the problem.
http://www.digitalsirup.com

Sweet and delicious apps for your drones.

waterlanding
Just flips over

Post by waterlanding » 06 Dec 2018, 12:57

AR.Tommy wrote:
06 Dec 2018, 07:12
That is really bad. I recommend connecting the SkyController to a TV and boot it. It will show a lot of informations and very likely also an error message or something to guess the problem.
How do you connect a SC2 to a TV?

AR.Tommy
Charged up again
Drone Type: Bebop

Post by AR.Tommy » 06 Dec 2018, 13:06

You are right. I'm sorry mixed it up with the SkyController 1. Only the SkyController 1 is able to connect to a TV directly via HDMI out.

As far as I know for the SkyController 2 you need an USB to ethernet adapter and then you can get at least the video feed with any RTP client (VLC) on http://192.168.53.1:7711/video (older firmware versions on http://192.168.43.1:7711/video )

But I'm not sure if this also works for debugging. My guess is: no - but worth a try to connect via shell.
http://www.digitalsirup.com

Sweet and delicious apps for your drones.

Eagle430s
Ready for take off

Post by Eagle430s » 07 Dec 2018, 10:06

I have fully charged my sc2 and turned it on
It runs on firmware 1.0.5 and when am connected to the internet i get the message that its up to date
Also now everything is ok..its being recognised by the freeflight pro app
I event tested it with a takeoff-hover -landing and itsok..
I guess the error was caused due to the low battery of the sc2..
By the way is 1.0.5 the latest firmware for sc2?

waterlanding
Just flips over

Post by waterlanding » 07 Dec 2018, 14:00

Eagle430s wrote:
07 Dec 2018, 10:06
By the way is 1.0.5 the latest firmware for sc2?
It appears there are multiple current firmware packages.
The SC1 (red, yellow, blue, black) is at 1.7.4.
I fly with the original SC2a (silver joysticks) which is at 1.0.7, but FFPro wants to update it to 1.0.9.
The newer SC2b (black joysticks) appears to be at 1.0.5 from several posts I've seen here.

I'm guessing you're using a SC2b from the 1.0.5 firmware. Real glad it re-booted back into the correct firmware for you! Perhaps 1.0.9 isn't compatible with that hardware? Until Parrot tells us what the 1.0.9 "fixes", I'm not installing it in my SC1a.