Repairing my crashed bb2

Questions and answers about Bebop, Bebop 2 and the Parrot Skycontroller.
asmith61
Just flips over
Drone Type: Bebop 2

Repairing my crashed bb2

Post by asmith61 » 03 Dec 2018, 22:08

Hi
Trying to repair my crashed bb2
I have taken the bb2 to pieces and I have some broken bits please see pics the black bits on the pins have broken off of the body and I was wondering if the body is a part that can be purchased?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Apolonio
Ready for take off
Has thanked: 0

Re: Repairing my crashed bb2

Post by Apolonio » 04 Dec 2018, 18:17

Sorry to hear of your crash, there may be a way to repair the damaged mounting pin areas.

Parrot doesn’t sell the lower board portion you’re needing, eBay has complete working boards for about $80.00 maybe less. You can epoxy the pin with another small bolt on the damaged areas, then fill in with epoxy covering the area so the epoxy when dry has enough bond strength because it’s clingjng to outer plastic around the pin area. Just make sure the pins dry straight and are centered over the original threaded hole, this should work.

I’ll enclosed a coupe of pics to give you an idea, keep us posted.

Paul
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

asmith61
Just flips over

Post by asmith61 » 04 Dec 2018, 18:46

Hi Paul
Thank you for your reply :D
That is the answer I was looking for :lol:
I was hoping I could fix this using epoxy/Araldite I have new pins and black disc set and of course new set of propellers :)

I will keep you posted :lol:

King regards Alby

Apolonio
Ready for take off

Post by Apolonio » 05 Dec 2018, 19:30

That’s great! After some thought, the original broken pins with the broken piece of plastic mount with plenty of epoxy should be enough strength when dry to bond the pin. Try this first, use the original pin with broken piece attached with plenty of epoxy with rubber boot mounted as well, so pin, broken piece and rubber boot are expoxied together. This surely will help bond this area.

Just make sure the upper threaded pin portion needs to be the same height as the good pins. So the frame fastens level no issues of looseness or too tight, good luck keep us posted.

Paul

asmith61
Just flips over

Post by asmith61 » 09 Dec 2018, 18:48

Hi Paul
Thanks again for your reply
This is what I done at work on Friday, I have left it to set over the weekend and on Monday I was going to fill the round hole with epoxy for extra strength ? ( not sure if the rubber boot / suspension has to fit in to this hole ? I have attached a couple of pics of the initial first fix.

Apolonio
Ready for take off

Post by Apolonio » 10 Dec 2018, 06:41

Good job, excellent that should work once you feel in with epoxy. With the rubber boots, my suggestion was to fill with epoxy and then insert the rubber boot so all dries intact. Just a suggestion, so rubber boots are probably at correct height when assembling the body. Plus, the boots holds the epoxy in place when drying, just pour enough to cover shaft boot will keep all epoxy in place.

Good luck, keep us posted how she flies 👍
Paul