Login to disable ads!

Skycontroller update

Questions and answers about Bebop, Bebop 2 and the Parrot Skycontroller.
Pliskin59
Newcomer
Drone Type: Bebop
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Skycontroller update

Post by Pliskin59 » 10 Jan 2019, 14:36

I couldn't get the controller to connect to the bebop , so I downloaded the update on the 1st Jan 2019 , it worked but stopped working the next day. Will I have to download it to USB again & install it again?

Pliskin59
Newcomer

Post by Pliskin59 » 11 Jan 2019, 02:18

i downloaded the update from this thread , but not working. I can connect to the Bebop on its own from the app & control using my iPad mini , I can connect to the Skycontroller with the app & iPad mini , but the controller can find the Bebop Wifi ,but the iPad mini can ?

Ledroneux
Newcomer

Post by Ledroneux » 12 Jan 2019, 03:14

Help me !!!! I try no harm to update my skycontroller 1 for 1 week but every time I get message that shows me!
Searching for update file ... word found ..
Help me my USB key is in fat32 I tried the update to parrot and had online I made rest of my skycontroller I know what to do!
Aider moi !!!! J'essaie sans bien que mal de faire la mise à jour de mon skycontroller 1 depuis 1 semaine mais a chaque fois j'ai se message qui m'affiche !
Searching for update file ...mot found ..
Aider moi ma clé USB est en fat32 j'ai essayé les mise à jour à parrot et eu ligne j'ai fait des rest de mon skycontroller je sais plus quoi faire !!

Gamedex
Battery Charged

Post by Gamedex » 08 Feb 2019, 08:59

rickiwada wrote:
14 Nov 2018, 16:40
Hello everyone, my name is Riccardo and i've buy my frst drone, a Bebop version 1 with the skycontroller.
When I turned on the drone via app immediately asked me to do the update. All right.
Then, i've update skycontroller.
At the end of the installation I received the message that you see attached.
What can I do? The skycontroller seems to be dead, it does not allow it to perform any operation.
I tried to turn on the bebop too, hopefully enough, but nothing happens.
From the app the skycontroller is disconnected, I can connect it to its wifi network but in the app is disconnected.
Someone would know how to solve?
Thank you
Hello Ricardo, I hope you haven't given up on your bebop and skycontroller yet. I just had the very same issue like yours. I was able to fix mine. Follow waterlanding's advice. Download that firmware using the link he provided. Its a 161mb file. Anything less and it will not work obviously. I am saying this because my first , second and third downloads was less than 161mb. It may be my connection, but in case it happens to you too, remember that its a 161mb file. Just repeat the download if needed, and rename the file to nap_update.plf before you transfer to usb.

To waterlanding, thank you for providing the link.

morrisonaj
Newcomer

Post by morrisonaj » 12 Mar 2019, 17:23

Thanks a tonne for this! I was going crazy trying to figure out why the update from the Parrot website wouldn't work. It took about 10 seconds or so on the "Connect to your Skycontroller with your Parrot Drone" screen for it to start the update with the new nap_update.plf file you posted below.

The controller is back in action now with the proper firmware! I wish Parrot would get their head out of their a$$ and fix the firmware on their website!
waterlanding wrote:
17 Nov 2018, 19:45
Is this the big SkyController you're updating, or the smaller one (SkyController2) ?

The big (original) SkyController has to be updated via a USB Thumbdrive. It can't be updated through the app.

Here's a copy of the current firmware (1.7.4) for the SC1 (original SkyController) You can pick it up at http://www.pennekamp.com/nap_update.plf

Click on the link, tell your computer to save the file on a (small - less than 16 gig) thumbdrive formatted as FAT32. DO NOT change the file name or it won't work. It should be the only file on the thumbdrive. Then plug it into the SC1's USB port and turn on the SC1. It will automatically update and restart in about 5 minutes (total).

If you want to watch the process, plug a monitor into the HDMI output of the SC1 before you start. Not necessary, but cool. Do not stop or interfere with the update until it completes and the SC1 restarts. When you're done, connect your phone's wifi to the SC1, open FreeFlight Pro, and it will show you the version number (1.7.4) when you click on the controller icon.

dotvav
Newcomer

Post by dotvav » 21 Apr 2019, 11:20

My SkyController 1 has the version 1.2.3 of the firmware installed, and I am trying to upgrade it to v 1.7.4 as explained in this thread. I have taken the 157MB file and put it on a freshly formatted thumb drive (I tried 2 different ones). The SkuController boots and I see the thumb drive LED blinking and remain on, but the update doesn't happen. When plugged in to my TV with HDMI, I can see the FreeFlight app menus, and wander around with the joysticks, but the update is not applying.

Any advice?

(Thanks a bunch for all the help so far)

dotvav
Newcomer

Post by dotvav » 21 Apr 2019, 12:10

Forget about it. I tried a new thumb drive (unformarred 128 GB with lots of other files) and it worked. No idea if that was because of some properties of thes thumb drive or for some other reason...

taraskin
Newcomer

Post by taraskin » 25 Jun 2019, 16:24

Hi, Help solve the problem please. """" PARROT Skycontroller"""""
Searching for update file ......not found
v-1.3.7 tried to update 1.7.4 :(

siavash82ir
Newcomer
Drone Type: Airborne Night

Post by siavash82ir » 27 Jul 2019, 17:16

Last edited by siavash82ir on 03 Aug 2019, 15:27, edited 2 times in total.

Sanjaypatlo
Newcomer

Post by Sanjaypatlo » 28 Jul 2019, 05:27

waterlanding wrote:
17 Nov 2018, 19:45
Is this the big SkyController you're updating, or the smaller one (SkyController2) ?

The big (original) SkyController has to be updated via a USB Thumbdrive. It can't be updated through the app.

Here's a copy of the current firmware (1.7.4) for the SC1 (original SkyController) You can pick it up at http://www.pennekamp.com/nap_update.plf

Click on the link, tell your computer to save the file on a (small - less than 16 gig) thumbdrive formatted as FAT32. DO NOT change the file name or it won't work. It should be the only file on the thumbdrive. Then plug it into the SC1's USB port and turn on the SC1. It will automatically update and restart in about 5 minutes (total).

If you want to watch the process, plug a monitor into the HDMI output of the SC1 before you start. Not necessary, but cool. Do not stop or interfere with the update until it completes and the SC1 restarts. When you're done, connect your phone's wifi to the SC1, open FreeFlight Pro, and it will show you the version number (1.7.4) when you click on the controller icon.
Just registered an account also to say Thank you. The 27mb update didnt do anything so douwnloaded the 157mb from the link above. Connected my 16gb flash to the controller and hdmi to my TV and worked like a charm. Didnt take that long too and after the reboot was back to the video page.

PS: While my skycontroller was working with the message to update I was getting a dark screen on video feed. But after the update all systems are go. Happy as a Parrot Now!

vitalbytes
Newcomer

Post by vitalbytes » 09 Aug 2019, 02:21

The 157,561KB file from http://www.pennekamp.com/nap_update.plf worked for me, updating Skycontroller from V1.3.7 to 1.7.4. As my controller didn't discover the Parrot-provided file in my previous attempts, it stayed on original 1.3.7 and I didn't experience any problems described here by those who "successfully" tried Parrot-provided instructions and ended up corrupting the firmware. Thanks, waterlanding, for the link and instructions!

Sagittario1
Newcomer
Drone Type: Bebop 2

Post by Sagittario1 » 12 Aug 2019, 11:49

hello, I have a Skycontroller Black Edition Firmaware 1.6.6 version today I updated it to Firmware version 1.7.4, I saw that there is another update to version 2, I ask you better upgrade it or leave version 1.7.4? thanks to all