Follow Me

Questions and answers about Bebop, Bebop 2 and the Parrot Skycontroller.
Post Reply
reason
Newcomer
Posts: 1
Joined: 04 Nov 2018, 16:15
Drone Type: Bebop
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Follow Me

Post by reason » 04 Nov 2018, 16:21

hey guys, first of all i need to say im new on this forum,and before to ask this i was looking here and i couldnt find the answer.my question is: can i use FollowMe with bepop 1 ?? i tried to contact support team but their answer was like to use FollowMe on bepop1 i need to connect my app to drone wich obviously im doing but there is no FollowMe..

User avatar
waterlanding
Just flips over
Posts: 61
Joined: 11 Nov 2017, 18:01
Drone Type: Bebop 2
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 22 times

Re: Follow Me

Post by waterlanding » 04 Nov 2018, 16:47

reason wrote:
04 Nov 2018, 16:21
hey guys, first of all i need to say im new on this forum,and before to ask this i was looking here and i couldnt find the answer.my question is: can i use FollowMe with bepop 1 ?? i tried to contact support team but their answer was like to use FollowMe on bepop1 i need to connect my app to drone wich obviously im doing but there is no FollowMe..
No, Follow Me in FreeFlight Pro doesn't work with a Bebop 1. Parrot claims it's older GPS isn't accurate enough.

Of course there are 3rd party apps which will do a similar function to Follow Me on the Bebop 1 using mostly optical recognition. There have been a lot of updates since I last used them with a Bebop 1, but you might look into Bebop Pro for iOS, or A.R.Pro 3 for Android for that feature.

FredsterV30
Battery Charged
Posts: 7
Joined: 01 Nov 2018, 12:00
Drone Type: Bebop 2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Follow Me

Post by FredsterV30 » 04 Nov 2018, 19:09

Hi there I have a question about Follow me as well. I understand how it works in the app freeflight pro. Turn your drone so it face yourself, select yourself and it's done...

But Parrot is advertising in there videos with follow me, that they select a horse and the drone follows the horse...

How do you do this?? its not follow me its follow that

User avatar
waterlanding
Just flips over
Posts: 61
Joined: 11 Nov 2017, 18:01
Drone Type: Bebop 2
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 22 times

Re: Follow Me

Post by waterlanding » 05 Nov 2018, 00:56

FredsterV30 wrote:
04 Nov 2018, 19:09
Hi there I have a question about Follow me as well. I understand how it works in the app freeflight pro. Turn your drone so it face yourself, select yourself and it's done...

But Parrot is advertising in there videos with follow me, that they select a horse and the drone follows the horse...

How do you do this?? its not follow me its follow that
The drone follows the controlling phone via GPS, and keeps the subject centered via optical recognition. So the horse must have had a phone hidden on it. Was there a rider?

Or... (since I don't know what video you're referring to) it might have been a demo of the "Cameraman" function, where the drone remains in one place and simply keeps the subject centered as it moves around. No GPS required for Cameraman, but the drone stays in one place.

FredsterV30
Battery Charged
Posts: 7
Joined: 01 Nov 2018, 12:00
Drone Type: Bebop 2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Follow Me

Post by FredsterV30 » 05 Nov 2018, 03:35

Hi there thank you for the reply. But please look at the link below,abou 33sec into the video and tell me what do you make of this.
:P
https://youtu.be/RhL1hbDdY3M

User avatar
waterlanding
Just flips over
Posts: 61
Joined: 11 Nov 2017, 18:01
Drone Type: Bebop 2
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 22 times

Re: Follow Me

Post by waterlanding » 05 Nov 2018, 14:00

FredsterV30 wrote:
05 Nov 2018, 03:35
Hi there thank you for the reply. But please look at the link below,abou 33sec into the video and tell me what do you make of this.
:P
https://youtu.be/RhL1hbDdY3M
That's not "Follow Me" - it says "Cameraman mode" right there on the video. The operator flew the drone, used the Cameraman feature to keep it viewing the horse, then (manually) flew the drone along side the horses. "Cameraman" simply kept the horses centered while he flew the drone.

FredsterV30
Battery Charged
Posts: 7
Joined: 01 Nov 2018, 12:00
Drone Type: Bebop 2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Follow Me

Post by FredsterV30 » 05 Nov 2018, 15:07

Wow thanks bud, I never saw that.. Thanks so mush.. :lol: :lol: :lol: :x

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 124 guests