Drone motor question

Sharing your information about aviation, RC, FPV, regulations, any story or even complaints to Parrot global services.

Moderator: AR.Tommy

dbemowsk
Newcomer
Drone Type: Bebop

Drone motor question

Post by dbemowsk » 12 Jul 2018, 04:52

So my question has to do with my drone motors. I recently bought a DIY hexacopter kit. The motors that came with it are JMT F15843/F15844. The only info I can find is what is in the descriptions on sites like ebay. They say that they are 920KV 3-4S motors. I currently run it with a 3S 4400mAh battery with 30A ESCs and 9443 props. I am looking to get a little more lift out of it. Since it says that the motors are rated 3-4S, does that mean I can get a 4S battery and fly it with that? I know that if I go from 3S to 4S that I would get a bit more speed out of the motors. How would that do with the 9443 props? Are there any concerns with the ESCs at the higher voltage?

dbemowsk
Newcomer
Drone Type: Bebop

Re: Drone motor question

Post by dbemowsk » 13 Jul 2018, 04:19

I thought I might get at least a few people piping in with answers to this. I would like to get an answer to this before I go out and buy a spare battery. I would hate to go out and buy another 3S battery only to find out that a 4S would have given me better performance.

Return to “General - Parrot / New Products / Info / Story / Complaints”