Pre-Programmed Acrobatics

Questions and answers about Bebop, Bebop 2 and the Parrot Skycontroller.
Orphyx
Battery Charged
Drone Type: Bebop 2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Pre-Programmed Acrobatics

Post by Orphyx » 11 Jul 2018, 18:53

I recently acquired a Bebop 2 with the FPV pack. I was reading the PDF from Parrot's website (Bebop-2_User-guide_UK.pdf) and saw that there's a pre-programmed acrobatics option. I was unable to find this option so after doing some research I found that it's not available when using the Sky Controller. My usual configuration is to use the Sky Controller connected to my iPad mini 4 which is running the Free Flight Pro app. In the App, when connected to the Sky Controller, the option for the pre-programmed acrobatics is not available. However, in place of the "Pre-programmed acrobatics" icon, there is a white play button with a circle around it. This button allows access for pre-programmed video maneuvers - like "epic" where the drone slowly pans backwards and upwards with the camera tilted downward. These 4 options seem geared toward filming movies rather than flying around. I discovered that when I connect to the drone with ONLY my Samsung Galaxy Note 8, I can see the pre-programmed acrobatics (the flips).

Anyone know why this option is not available for the iPad, but is available for the Note 8? Other than the iOS vs Android operating systems, a mobile device should be a mobile device, right?

Thoughts?

Thanks

vrjunkie
Ready for take off

Re: Pre-Programmed Acrobatics

Post by vrjunkie » 13 Jul 2018, 04:41

If you're using a SkyController2, push the "B" button while tapping the left Joystick. Forwards for a forward flip, to the side for a side flip, etc.

-VRJUNKIE

(Full disclosure: I got this from Island_Bob over at Parrot Forum)

Orphyx
Battery Charged

Post by Orphyx » 13 Jul 2018, 15:32

vrjunkie wrote:
13 Jul 2018, 04:41
If you're using a SkyController2, push the "B" button while tapping the left Joystick. Forwards for a forward flip, to the side for a side flip, etc.

-VRJUNKIE

Thanks, VRJUNKIE! I'll give this a try this afternoon.

Orphyx
Battery Charged

Post by Orphyx » 14 Jul 2018, 14:46

vrjunkie wrote:
13 Jul 2018, 04:41

-VRJUNKIE

VRJUNKIE

Success!!! Thank you so much! :)