Login to disable ads!

2017 ar2 part suppliers

Problems of AR Drone 2.0, Freeflight 2, Flight Recorder GPS, Qgroundcontrol... etc.
WastedKnights
Ready for take off
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

2017 ar2 part suppliers

Post by WastedKnights » 31 Jan 2017, 21:51

Hello folks, it's been awhile since the AR drone section has been busy. So I wanted to ask is there any supplier's selling parts for the AR drone other then Amazon or eBay? I would rather deal directly with a supplier if I could.
Thanks for your help.
Have a great day!
I should add that I have been combing the posts but most of the links are from years ago and are dead links.

WastedKnights
Ready for take off

Re: 2017 ar2 part suppliers

Post by WastedKnights » 01 Feb 2017, 23:56

So does anyone still fly the ar2's anymore? Just wondering where you get your parts?
Thanks for any information offered. ;)

AR.Tommy
Serious flight time
Drone Type: Bebop

Post by AR.Tommy » 03 Feb 2017, 10:49

Hello,

that is true. While there are still some pilots with an AR.Drone I highly recommend upgrading to the Bebop with a SkyController. It's too cool you will like it.

Personally I'm getting my parts meanwhile in Amazon or directly from the Parrot online shop.
http://www.digitalsirup.com

Sweet and delicious apps for your drones.

Beauhunter73
Newcomer

Re: 2017 ar2 part suppliers looking for the flat ribbon cable that goes between the Gyros and the navigation board. Anyb

Post by Beauhunter73 » 04 Feb 2017, 00:07

Looking for the flat cable that runs between the navigation board and the Gyros. I know not a lot of people are still flying AR 2.0. But I just got mine and Christmas. Have the dreaded pic Watchdog error after Central cross replacement. I welcome any help with this situation.

WastedKnights
Ready for take off

Post by WastedKnights » 07 Feb 2017, 02:34

Hello Beauhunter, I am in the same boat. I just got mine this Christmas as well. I was hoping there would still be a small group or AR flyers still out there, but it doesn't seem like it. I wish I could get a bebop but just can't afford one that's why I went with the AR.
I guess you could try parrot. Com as Tommy suggested.
Also I am waiting to hear back from a person locally that I'm trying to get 2 used ar's for parts. If I do manage to get them I could possibly send you the part you need. What part of the world are you in?

BWT126
Newcomer

Post by BWT126 » 10 Feb 2017, 21:47

Likewise got one at Christmas. I've sourced my spares, props, shafts, gears etc., from Amazon. Both packs were genuine Parrot branded. Also got compatable longer life battery from Amazon (not Parrot), all deleivered with three days. Hope this helps.

Cheers
Brian

WastedKnights
Ready for take off

Post by WastedKnights » 12 Feb 2017, 09:14

Yes it does Brian! Thank you for commenting. I feel a little better about shopping at Amazon. Would you mind telling me what battery you purchased and who it came from? Thanks again!
Keith.

Unionboggle
Newcomer

Post by Unionboggle » 24 Mar 2017, 06:11

I have two AR 2 drones. plan to repackage one into a lighter frame and attach a GoPro or similar camera. What i'm in the hunt for is Garrock's wheel wifi extender kit. Any info?

WastedKnights
Ready for take off

Post by WastedKnights » 29 Mar 2017, 19:47

I'm pretty sure you can find the antenna on Amazon. Then use the search box here for the mod and you will find everything step by step. You just have to wade through some info to find it.

BWT126
Newcomer

Post by BWT126 » 08 Apr 2017, 18:45

Keith
Apologies for taking so long to get back to you.

The battery I bought was as follows although a check at the time of writing shows it as out of stock. I also got the other two accessories which were branded and packaged a genuine Parrot and I've no complaints with any of the three items.

Masione 20C 11.1V 2.0Ah Upgrade Battery for Parrot Ar.drone 2.0 Power Edition Helicopter
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01 ... UTF8&psc=1
and also
Parrot AR.Drone 2.0 Gears With Shafts and Circlips Set (Pack of 4)
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00 ... UTF8&psc=1
Parrot AR.Drone 2.0 Elite Edition Sand Propellers with Circlips Set (Pack of 4)

I also got the
niceEshop(TM) Parrot AR Drone Quadcopter 2.0 & Onest Upgrade Drive Gear Bearings,Set of 8Pcs
which came form China and took about a month. Can't comment on these as I've not used them but all the above I've tried/used without problems.

Cheers
Brian

davdon06
Ready for take off

Post by davdon06 » 18 Apr 2017, 01:42

For those looking for the ribbon cable (Flat Cable) I purchased some from a company in China. I apologize but I can't remember the name of the company. Osbourne Technical in Oregon has them on Ebay if you want to go that route. The ones from China took about 20 days to get here so don't be in a hurry. Hopefully this helps.

WastedKnights
Ready for take off

Post by WastedKnights » 21 Apr 2017, 19:32

No problem Brian, thanks very much for the info!
We finally have some decent weather and I'm happy to say I had my maiden voyage a few days ago. I was worried because it was used but the flight was great! Every thing went as planned.
I do have 4 of them now so I have enough parts to keep it going!
I am already dreaming of a new and better one for next year but am going to love this one now.
It is by far the best RC experience I have ever had!
Safe flying everyone!

Donkelley
Newcomer

Post by Donkelley » 27 Jun 2017, 01:33

Hi folks... Recently signed up here too... Just got two broken ar 2 drones for cheap and merged parts to get one solid working drone out of the wreckage.

Awesome drone. Considering the age I'll be customizing and upgrading the thing as much as I can to keep it relevant.

Picking up a WiFi extender on Wednesday, got the bearings and just have to get some oil for them and install them. Thing is already a blast to fly and takes solid footage now.

I intend to try and fashion a ghetto home made front camera modification sort of like a gimbal if I can. Also need to build some landing gear cuz it only has two originals... Two were broken off before I got it.

Also want to add rigidity to the indoor Hull so it actually works to protect the drone.... Right now it's so flexible that a minor bump presses in against rotor and breaks stuff.

Cheers
Don

WastedKnights
Ready for take off

Post by WastedKnights » 01 Jul 2017, 23:38

Hey Donky great to hear! Keep us posted on your mods! I may want to try your gimble idea. Let me know how it works out. I just received 2 2000 AR batteries from Amazon and a game klip! So I hope to pick up an extender this week and if it ever stops raining I will get to test the new batteries soon!
Safe flying everyone!