beacon tracking device!

Problems of AR Drone 2.0, Freeflight 2, Flight Recorder GPS, Qgroundcontrol... etc.
airhead
Ready for take off
Posts: 34
Joined: 01 Jan 2014, 16:20
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

beacon tracking device!

Post by airhead » 13 Feb 2014, 17:00

I have been doing a lot of research on RC flying and getting ready to build a F450 and wow the money you can suck up in these things! :shock: So I decided to look into a tracking device so I won't lose my ARdrone or the other and I found this device and thought I would share it if you haven't seen it already. Here is a link to the device and a couple Youtube videos showing how it works. Hope this helps! 8-)

http://www.fmtv.us/rf_beacon.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wo9aTtTseZE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHxYG86e5E0

airhead
Ready for take off
Posts: 34
Joined: 01 Jan 2014, 16:20
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: beacon tracking device!

Post by airhead » 13 Feb 2014, 17:32

airhead wrote:I have been doing a lot of research on RC flying and getting ready to build a F450 and wow the money you can suck up in these things! :shock: So I decided to look into a tracking device so I won't lose my ARdrone or the other and I found this device and thought I would share it if you haven't seen it already. Here is a link to the device and a couple Youtube videos showing how it works. Hope this helps! 8-)

http://www.fmtv.us/rf_beacon.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wo9aTtTseZE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHxYG86e5E0
I should mention that this is what it looks like when it gets shipped to you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ControlFreak
Ready for take off
Posts: 24
Joined: 08 Jan 2014, 17:59
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: beacon tracking device!

Post by ControlFreak » 13 Feb 2014, 22:01

Hello Airhead!
That looks like a very valuable tool, something that I'd want to put on my drone, especially if it's going off on its own via GPS. It's heavily wooded here, so if my drone didn't return, I'd have no idea where it ended up, especially in the summertime when the leaves are on the trees.

Is this coming from a guy in Russia? Did you just use his PayPal link there?

Thanks,
Dan

airhead
Ready for take off
Posts: 34
Joined: 01 Jan 2014, 16:20
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: beacon tracking device!

Post by airhead » 13 Feb 2014, 22:15

ControlFreak wrote:Hello Airhead!
That looks like a very valuable tool, something that I'd want to put on my drone, especially if it's going off on its own via GPS. It's heavily wooded here, so if my drone didn't return, I'd have no idea where it ended up, especially in the summertime when the leaves are on the trees.

Is this coming from a guy in Russia? Did you just use his PayPal link there?

Thanks,
Dan
I did pay from the link from my PayPal account then it was sent from Israel from the original designer Peter, shipping was fast too. I don't think you will be disappointed 8-)

I did have one draw back and that was how was I going to charge that little battery? I wrote to the designer and mentioned this to him and he sent me this info for it. Then I remembered I purchased this for my charger and it has the end I needed for this so I got lucky ;) http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0045U ... UTF8&psc=1

From Peter to me:

this charger should work:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... arger.html


I use this charger:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost ... tcount=909

Hope this helps, Chris

rangercaptain
Just flips over
Posts: 65
Joined: 05 Jan 2014, 08:05
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: beacon tracking device!

Post by rangercaptain » 15 Feb 2014, 22:31

Haha, I got all excited because I thought the thread was about 'bacon tracking'.

airhead
Ready for take off
Posts: 34
Joined: 01 Jan 2014, 16:20
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: beacon tracking device!

Post by airhead » 16 Feb 2014, 15:22

rangercaptain wrote:Haha, I got all excited because I thought the thread was about 'bacon tracking'.
Ha ha good one! But in reality it could save your bacon if you lost your AR Drone then found it! The wife would love you again ;) Sorry about the disappointment Rangercaptain :mrgreen:

rangercaptain
Just flips over
Posts: 65
Joined: 05 Jan 2014, 08:05
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: beacon tracking device!

Post by rangercaptain » 16 Feb 2014, 15:43

I should get one. My sister (a well-to-do lawyer) got me an ar for Christmas, and on the third flight it ran away. It was gone for three weeks. But many people just kept passing it along til it got back. Now I fly with my phone number taped to the bottom. I wish I had the bacon tracker on it though.

airhead
Ready for take off
Posts: 34
Joined: 01 Jan 2014, 16:20
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: beacon tracking device!

Post by airhead » 16 Feb 2014, 16:12

rangercaptain wrote:I should get one. My sister (a well-to-do lawyer) got me an ar for Christmas, and on the third flight it ran away. It was gone for three weeks. But many people just kept passing it along til it got back. Now I fly with my phone number taped to the bottom. I wish I had the bacon tracker on it though.
Well Rangercaptain I can attest that it definitely does work. The plus side is it is light, small and a nice price but you do have to purchase a cheap set of walkie talkies to trace the signal when lost. Good luck on your bacon tracking journey! :lol:

User avatar
garrock
I've been hit!!
Posts: 2089
Joined: 01 Sep 2012, 16:14
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2
Location: USA - Portsmouth, Ohio
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: beacon tracking device!

Post by garrock » 16 Feb 2014, 16:16

The beacon appears small and light weight.
Using an off the shelf FRS/GMRS Walkie Talkie as the receiver is handy.
If for an AR Drone, this type locator mod might have more range than trying to use drone's WiFi signal as a signal source.

========================

AR Drone WiFi Analyzer App Locator:
  • If you don't have a separate tracking device mod for the AR Drone, then download a WiFi Analyzer App to your Android Device.
    • 1) Run the App and hold your device a few inches away from your chest.
      2) Slowly rotate to find the strongest WiFi signal and walk in that direction.
      3) Like the Walkie Talkie Locator Mod, you might have to get in general area until you have a WiFi signal before trying to hold near your chest to find a direction.
DroneMod.com --- Worlds first two-drone system: Repeater-Helper and Camera-Worker drones ! --- http://www.REDbirdRF.com

airhead
Ready for take off
Posts: 34
Joined: 01 Jan 2014, 16:20
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: beacon tracking device!

Post by airhead » 16 Feb 2014, 16:28

garrock wrote:The beacon appears small and light weight.
Using an off the shelf FRS/GMRS Walkie Talkie as the receiver is handy.
If for an AR Drone, this type locator mod might have more range than trying to use drone's WiFi signal as a signal source.

========================

AR Drone WiFi Analyzer App Locator:
  • If you don't have a separate tracking device mod for the AR Drone, then download a WiFi Analyzer App to your Android Device.
    • 1) Run the App and hold your device a few inches away from your chest.
      2) Slowly rotate to find the strongest WiFi signal and walk in that direction.
      3) Like the Walkie Talkie Locator Mod, you might have to get in general area until you have a WiFi signal before trying to hold near your chest to find a direction.
Thanks for the tip garrock! I will definitely do that to my android also.

KimSurls
Newcomer
Posts: 1
Joined: 21 Feb 2014, 09:57
Drone Type: AR.Drone
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: beacon tracking device!

Post by KimSurls » 21 Feb 2014, 09:59

The activity of the animal beings has become acutely active everywhere on this earth. Bodies do not get time to booty a blow for a while. With the accretion use of altered gadgets of Gps Jammer, the possibilities of accepting the aboriginal of blow accept absolutely finished. The adaptable phones or the corpuscle phones are some of these accessories that accumulate the bodies consistently in blow with the alfresco world. The adaptable building are additionally accessible about everywhere these canicule and due to this the accessibility of the Cell Phone Jammer has become alike added quick and authentic. Today, you cannot break out of ability of these adaptable building as their signals can bolt your about anywhere. The bearings of bodies who accord to altered business professions has become actual analytical of wireless jammer as their authorities bolt them anywhere any moment.
Last edited by KimSurls on 25 Feb 2014, 05:07, edited 1 time in total.

airhead
Ready for take off
Posts: 34
Joined: 01 Jan 2014, 16:20
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: beacon tracking device!

Post by airhead » 22 Feb 2014, 01:45

KimSurls wrote:The activity of the animal beings has become acutely active everywhere on this earth. Bodies do not get time to booty a blow for a while. With the accretion use of altered gadgets of Gps Jammer, the possibilities of accepting the aboriginal of blow accept absolutely finished. The adaptable phones or the corpuscle phones are some of these accessories that accumulate the bodies consistently in blow with the alfresco world. The adaptable building are additionally accessible about everywhere these canicule and due to this the accessibility of the Cell Phone Jammer has become alike added quick and authentic. Today, you cannot break out of ability of these adaptable building as their signals can bolt your about anywhere. The bearings of bodies who accord to altered business professions has become actual analytical of wireless jammer as their authorities bolt them anywhere any moment.
Yeah I see somebody has been smoking something :shock:

rangercaptain
Just flips over
Posts: 65
Joined: 05 Jan 2014, 08:05
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: beacon tracking device!

Post by rangercaptain » 22 Feb 2014, 05:36

Out of both ends.

navycut81
Ready for take off
Posts: 35
Joined: 17 Feb 2014, 06:00
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: beacon tracking device!

Post by navycut81 » 22 Feb 2014, 12:59

KimSurls wrote:The activity of the animal beings has become acutely active everywhere on this earth. Bodies do not get time to booty a blow for a while. With the accretion use of altered gadgets of Gps Jammer, the possibilities of accepting the aboriginal of blow accept absolutely finished. The adaptable phones or the corpuscle phones are some of these accessories that accumulate the bodies consistently in blow with the alfresco world. The adaptable building are additionally accessible about everywhere these canicule and due to this the accessibility of the Cell Phone Jammer has become alike added quick and authentic. Today, you cannot break out of ability of these adaptable building as their signals can bolt your about anywhere. The bearings of bodies who accord to altered business professions has become actual analytical of wireless jammer as their authorities bolt them anywhere any moment.

Okay so ive read this back to myself over 15 times and still i can make no sense of twhat the hell this person is talking about. from my interpretation there commenting about cell phone and gps jammers :?

I think kimsurls is looking for some friends

airhead
Ready for take off
Posts: 34
Joined: 01 Jan 2014, 16:20
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: beacon tracking device!

Post by airhead » 23 Feb 2014, 17:16

navycut81 wrote:
KimSurls wrote:The activity of the animal beings has become acutely active everywhere on this earth. Bodies do not get time to booty a blow for a while. With the accretion use of altered gadgets of Gps Jammer, the possibilities of accepting the aboriginal of blow accept absolutely finished. The adaptable phones or the corpuscle phones are some of these accessories that accumulate the bodies consistently in blow with the alfresco world. The adaptable building are additionally accessible about everywhere these canicule and due to this the accessibility of the Cell Phone Jammer has become alike added quick and authentic. Today, you cannot break out of ability of these adaptable building as their signals can bolt your about anywhere. The bearings of bodies who accord to altered business professions has become actual analytical of wireless jammer as their authorities bolt them anywhere any moment.

Okay so ive read this back to myself over 15 times and still i can make no sense of twhat the hell this person is talking about. from my interpretation there commenting about cell phone and gps jammers :?

I think kimsurls is looking for some friends
ha ha :lol:

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Google [Bot] and 14 guests