Login to disable ads!

Absolute control reversed on Galaxy Tab 3

Router, repeater (extender), GPS unit, antenna, tablet, FPV goggle, HD battery, charger, carrying case... etc.
hereathome
Ready for take off
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Absolute control reversed on Galaxy Tab 3

Post by hereathome » 12 Feb 2014, 18:06

My tablet was working fine. I changed the nav and main board on the drone 2.0 and now the absolute control is reversed. Tilt forward and the drone goes backwards, etc. Same with left and right no matter what program I use to control the AR Drone 2.0. Yet my Galaxy 3 phone work fine. I am not sure what I did or why the absolute control is reversed on the tablet. Anyone have any suggestions. Thanks and have a nice day.

garrock
I've been hit!!

Re: Absolute control reversed on Galaxy Tab 3

Post by garrock » 13 Feb 2014, 04:06

Recap the drone compass
DroneMod.com --- Worlds first two-drone system: Repeater-Helper and Camera-Worker drones ! --- http://www.REDbirdRF.com

Shaft
Charged up again
Drone Type: Jumping Sumo

Post by Shaft » 13 Feb 2014, 09:23

hereathome wrote:My tablet was working fine. I changed the nav and main board on the drone 2.0 and now the absolute control is reversed. Tilt forward and the drone goes backwards, etc. Same with left and right no matter what program I use to control the AR Drone 2.0. Yet my Galaxy 3 phone work fine. I am not sure what I did or why the absolute control is reversed on the tablet. Anyone have any suggestions. Thanks and have a nice day.
I once had the home button of my iPad in my left hand instead of my right hand, that swapped all the controls for the AR to the opposites, caused my first spectacular crash into an 18m high tree and then fell all the way to the ground. It actually flew again with no major damage caused?

hereathome
Ready for take off

Post by hereathome » 13 Feb 2014, 22:50

I found a GPS app for the tablet that lets you calibrate the compass. (I am not sure what I changed on the tablet.) I did that and it seems better, but it doesn't seem to hold the settings. If I find a permanent solution I will post it.

hereathome
Ready for take off

Post by hereathome » 23 Feb 2014, 09:04

I contacted the manufacture. As it turns out there is a problem with this particular Tab 3. So I am going to return it to the store I bought it from and try another.

hereathome
Ready for take off

Post by hereathome » 05 Mar 2014, 00:32

It wasn't the tablet, so I will post what the problem was in case anyone else encounters a similar issue. I had the tablet in this nice protective case . . . and then it hit me. The closures were magnetic. :oops: Think that will mess up a compass a little? I took the magnets out, replaced them with Velcro closures and all is right with the drone and tablet.

Kelly Sweet
Battery Charged
Drone Type: AR.Drone

Post by Kelly Sweet » 08 Mar 2014, 05:17

I did that and it seems better, but it doesn't seem to hold the settings. If I find a permanent solution I will post it.