Looking for AR.Pro external controller support?

Moderator: ShellDude

ShellDude
Batterys getting low
Drone Type: Bebop

Re: Looking for AR.Pro external controller support?

Post by ShellDude » 19 Jan 2014, 01:29

It has absolutely nothing over Mode B for anyone who is using Honeycomb+. As a matter of fact my testing today shows that Mode B (HID) has a higher level of precision than Mode A so the only reason why I will be fully implementing it is for the 4-5% of AR.Pro owners that are still running Gingerbread.

UAvideo
Ready for take off
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2

Post by UAvideo » 22 Aug 2014, 04:05

I am sure there is a topic that deals better with this somewhere. I have been searching and can't find the right advice to get my controller working. I have a PS3 controller and an OTG with 2 phones that I can't get it to work on. Some of the description videos make it look plug and play but I just can't get it to do anything. I know it could be my phones and I don't want to mess with rooting but I just can't figure it out. I would love to get it up and running so I could fly with the controller but it just feels like I am missing something simple that I haven't been able to locate on-line yet.

My devices are:

Sprint HTC EVO 3D
and
Sprint LG G2

I have downloaded Flight Pro but can't get a response. There was an OTG checker AP that I downloaded one showed it recognized the OTG connection but couldn't see the controller (USB device). The other saw nothing at all. I don't have Sony PS3 controller not sure if that makes a difference. It is an afterglow controller. The OTG cable I picked up at Micro Center it was the only one they had in stock so not sure if there are differences with those.

Thanks for your help in advance.

UAvideo
Ready for take off
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2

Post by UAvideo » 02 Oct 2014, 03:04

I did get the MOGA controller working with my phone. Flew it a couple times just in the backyard and really liked the controls. Been really busy but hoping to get out and fly in a larger open space with it and test it out more. The day I was in the yard it was windy and I did have one time it took off on it's own but it was starting to get dark too so unless it happens again I will blame it on that.