Login to disable ads!

Bluetooth connection Windows (PAN)

The Parrot Mambo minidrone is full of surprises! Whether you equip it with the Cannon or the Grabber, it'll turn the sky into an amazing playground.
Ewoud
Newcomer
Drone Type: Mambo
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Bluetooth connection Windows (PAN)

Post by Ewoud » 02 Dec 2019, 17:25

Hi,

I have multiple Mambos, and I want to fly them with the Simulink support package. The problem is that I cannot get a proper bluetooth connection with most of them, though they work fine with the android app.

Initially, I bought one Mambo, to evaluate if everything worked. I followed the instructions on the mathworks website and had no issues, I was able to connect just fine using the internal bluetooth module of my laptop. Then I bought more and my problems began.

I have been struggling with this for a while now, and the other drones can connect briefly via BT, but then are listed as 'paired'. I am not able to telnet or make a PAN. If instead of first connecting, I directly try to connect to a bluetooth PAN from Windows, it says it correctly installs the device, but I end up with exactly the same situation - not connected but paired and no PAN.

I have tried two different bluetooth dongles, one of which is a CRT one, but no difference. I have tried the firmware versions 3.0.6, 3.0.17 and 3.0.26, no difference. I can telnet to the drones, but I am not sure what I can do from there - the BLEproxy program does not seem to have a help entry.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Ewoud