Login to disable ads!

Latest firmware Parrot Mambo Fly and Mambo FPV?

The Parrot Mambo minidrone is full of surprises! Whether you equip it with the Cannon or the Grabber, it'll turn the sky into an amazing playground.
Gres
Newcomer
Drone Type: Mambo
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Latest firmware Parrot Mambo Fly and Mambo FPV?

Post by Gres » 10 Nov 2019, 00:38

hi all
I have a teaching set of 10 Parrot Fly (with grabber and cannon) which I've been working with for a year, and 3 recently-unboxed Parrot FPV.

I need to update the firmware because the Fly set has become very unreliable in pairing. Parrot Support directs me to a file called rollingspider_update_1.plf, which seems nuts because the teaching set is currently running rollingspider_update_13.plf, and I know there's a rollingspider_update_17.plf as well. Why would they send me to V.1? On various forums I've seen mention of firmware v. 3.0.26 but can find no working link to it, and it's not on the official Mambo support page.

Also, does anyone know if the Mambo FPV runs on the same firmware as the Mambo Fly? The Parrot Support pages seen to suggest not, but frankly they are so inconsistent I don't know whether to believe them.

Thanks for your help, G. (Nov 2019)

Later note - I emailed Support again, and asked them to check if they really meant me to update to rollingspider_update_1? They replied, no, I should update with rollingspider_update_13. They didn't send me a link to it though, and their web page shows rollingspider_update_17 for the Mambo basic, and rollingspider_update_11 for the Mambo FPV.
I seriously think they are just making stuff up.
I'd really love to know what's the latest firmware that others have updated their Mambos to?
TIA, G

harben23
Newcomer
Drone Type: Mambo
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Latest firmware Parrot Mambo Fly and Mambo FPV?

Post by harben23 » 04 Dec 2019, 06:16

Hi
I was wondering if you had any update on this? I just purchased my first drone which is the Parrot Mambo FPV.
Wondering if you could advise which update to install

Regards