Login to disable ads!

Bebop 2 won't take off + Additional question.

Questions and answers about Bebop, Bebop 2 and the Parrot Skycontroller.
Neozy
Battery Charged
Drone Type: Bebop 2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Bebop 2 won't take off + Additional question.

Post by Neozy » 15 Sep 2019, 02:47

Hello!
So after having some time to get some fundings together, I finally managed to repair my Bebop 2 back to (nearly) flight-ready status!
I tried taking the drone out just to see if it would hover and with no errors reported, a fully charged battery and a checked configuration to make sure all the motors and props were connected correctly in the right orientation the drone just kinda sat there with the motors spinning doing a little "jiggle" on the spot. I have disconnected all 4 motors for now and checked their physical state and also did a quick resistance check (I know it doesn't tell much but its enough to give me an idea if there is a short/other issue) but all of the motors were measuring pretty much the same.
The only thing I can think of is lubrication? These motors have not been used in over 2-3 years and are very stiff between the jumps between magnets when trying to rotate the prop.
Would it be safe to disassemble the motors and add a slight bit of lubrication? I live in a pretty lively area so there isn't much in terms of sand or loose dirt that would risk getting into the motors unless the drone crashed.

Additional question: My bebop 2 has never had its system fan due to the motherboards connector being missing. The drone does tend to get quite hot when just sitting idle but would it be okay enough to fly without falling out of the sky? I live in the UK so it doesn't tend to get blisteringly hot here at all and the drone "appears" to be fine according to freeflight pro.
Thanks!

lpff
Battery Charged
Drone Type: Bebop

Re: Bebop 2 won't take off + Additional question.

Post by lpff » 15 Sep 2019, 10:50

Hi, I assume that you made a reset before all. Do the drone makes the usual 4 motors check sound? If yes, try to "take off" with the motors connected but without propellers.
Try to see if "takes off" and observe all motors spinning well. After a few moments press the landing button. I don't think that motors need lubrication if they spin ok.
System fan is easy to find and replace, it is absolutely necessary for the motherboard to cool down.

Neozy
Battery Charged

Post by Neozy » 15 Sep 2019, 17:49

I managed to fix the motor issue, turns out that little clean I did with WD-40 and then cleaning of the wd-40 made the motors loose again. In regards to the system fan the whole connector is missing from the motherboard, it no longer is an easy fix.

lpff
Battery Charged
Drone Type: Bebop

Post by lpff » 21 Sep 2019, 09:27

Use of WD40? This is not suitable for this job. Dust will be gathered soon. About fan: the connecting cable fits into a plastic box with pins (J13 on the board). What is missing?

Budzadfa
Newcomer

Post by Budzadfa » 22 Sep 2019, 04:52

Hi,

I have a Bebop2 was flying perfect, put it aside for a couple months and when I used the last time it took off but fell from the sky after like 30 seconds of flying. since then every time I try to take off if turns off immediately. I also noticed that when I turn it on it does not do the typical motor check notice and beeping sound it used to do before. I already did a hard reset but I am still having the same issue. Please help!!!

BlueSky
Newcomer

Post by BlueSky » 28 Sep 2019, 14:22

Greetings,

I have a bebop 2, it had a crash from 6 meters high. it's not booting again, when pushed it on, the fan starts but it keeps flashing in red.
I seek your help in this issue.
B. Regards/ Habib