Login to disable ads!

Battery problem

Questions and answers about Bebop, Bebop 2 and the Parrot Skycontroller.
lpff
Battery Charged
Drone Type: Bebop
Has thanked: 0

Battery problem

Post by lpff » 01 Sep 2019, 10:59

My first post, hoping to find an explanation.
I bought recently 2 1700mAh Lipos. The first works fine and gives 10+ minutes of flight time.
The second charges OK but at the output gives only 8.07V so does not power the Bebop (I charge all my batteries with a ISDT Q6 lipo charger).
So as the seller is in China and not responding I've opened the batteries and the cabling is identical.
Any ideas will be appreciated.
Thanks

Thrasherg
Ready for take off
Drone Type: Bebop 2
Been thanked: 0

Re: Battery problem

Post by Thrasherg » 02 Sep 2019, 20:14

these batteries contain 3 lithium batteries (called cells) (each ~4 volts) connected in series to produce ~12 volts. If you are only seeing 8 volts, it sounds like one of the cells has gone short circuit (0 volts). I would be extremely careful using the battery and Lipo batteries can catch fire when they short. I would suggest buying a new battery and from a USA seller so you get some support when issues happen. Put the bad battery somewhere safe in case it catches fire. As you have opened the battery you can try measuring the cell voltage of each cell, but I would not suggest using the battery (even if you replace the cell).

Regards Gary
Parrot Bebop 2’s, Airborne Night, Mambo FPV, and a few cheap drones!

lpff
Battery Charged
Drone Type: Bebop

Re: Battery problem

Post by lpff » 03 Sep 2019, 15:21

Thanks. I will not take any risk to use the battery. I just wanted to find an explanation as the battery charged to 12.60V with my charger....