Login to disable ads!

How to recover Parrot battery

Questions and answers about Bebop, Bebop 2 and the Parrot Skycontroller.
telecopter
Battery Charged
Drone Type: Bebop
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

How to recover Parrot battery

Post by telecopter » 21 Aug 2019, 06:16

HOW TO RECOVER BATTERIES LIPO.

Many times I have encountered batteries that do not charge and have zero voltage( red Led flash). The way I have to recover them is to charge the cells separately as if they were Ni-MH batteries with the IMAC charger tells me full charge for each cell. Then if all charged well, I proceed to charge normally as lipo and balancing the cells. Thus I have recovered several discarded, especially the Parrot or DJI batteries.
Rgds

richardjjs
Battery Charged
Drone Type: Bebop 2

Re: How to recover Parrot battery

Post by richardjjs » 10 Sep 2019, 10:45

I presume you removed the cover - are they torques screws

Can you then gaet at each cell - Don't want to open a new battery can you post a photo

Thanks

MaiaLenart
Newcomer

Post by MaiaLenart » 24 Oct 2019, 14:09

Hi...does anyone have the problem where they turn on the battery, but the drone doesn't initialize? This has happened to me twice now. The drone turns on because the cooling fan turns on. The green lights on the battery flash, but the gimbal and motors don't initialize. It seems to be certain batteries but not others. Once I plug in a battery that works, the battery that previously wouldn't initialize now does.

telecopter
Battery Charged

Post by telecopter » 10 Nov 2019, 18:35

Hello, sorry for delay in reply, today saw your question. Never received email from the forum regarding my post. In the pict can see the disassembly battery and contact board. Use a electric soldering iron 100W minimum and tester, for find the polarity. Any question welcome (if receive notification from forum)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

telecopter
Battery Charged

Post by telecopter » 10 Nov 2019, 18:40

MaiaLenart wrote:
24 Oct 2019, 14:09
Hi...does anyone have the problem where they turn on the battery, but the drone doesn't initialize? This has happened to me twice now. The drone turns on because the cooling fan turns on. The green lights on the battery flash, but the gimbal and motors don't initialize. It seems to be certain batteries but not others. Once I plug in a battery that works, the battery that previously wouldn't initialize now does.
This can happen for 3 reasons. 1: bad battery contact in drone. 2- Battery with low charge or one discharged cell. 3- false contact in the ON/OFF microcontact