Login to disable ads!

First real flight. TOTAL SUCCESS

Questions and answers about Bebop, Bebop 2 and the Parrot Skycontroller.
CoyoteJack
Ready for take off
Drone Type: Bebop 2

First real flight. TOTAL SUCCESS

Post by CoyoteJack » 05 Aug 2019, 10:38

Due to a death in the family and taking care of my fathers estate my first flight was delayed by a few months. I had been able to take short get used to the controls flights around the house but that was it. Until yesterday that is. I went early in the morning as that is when the wind is at it's calmest around here. The total flight time was 18 minutes, maximum range was 1.3 km and altitude was 46 meters. I could have flown farther away but I wasn't going to push it on my maiden voyage. I was really impressed with the camera clarity and the response time of the Bebop 2. I was using a 10 inch tablet for my video. I was flying over a clearcut and bog looking for moose and deer. Unfortunately none were around but if they were there I would have seen them easily. Overall I would give my first real flight a "AAA" rating and my money was well spent.

Jack

Apolonio
Ready for take off
Has thanked: 0

Re: First real flight. TOTAL SUCCESS

Post by Apolonio » 08 Aug 2019, 02:42

Hello Jack,

Sorry to hear of your fathers passing, very understanding taking time off of flying to help with your families estate.

Congratulations with the 1.3 km flight, that’s quite a stretch glad to hear you have an area to fly these distances. Under right conditions, Bebop 2 with SkyController 2 will fly 2.1 miles. Sounds like this beautiful area you flew may allow the 2.1 mile distance, you may need to increase elevation a little.

Thanks for sharing, please continue with your Bebop 2 flying and share future experiences.

Congratulations!
Paul

Apolonio
Ready for take off
Has thanked: 0

Post by Apolonio » 08 Aug 2019, 02:46

Hello Jack,

Sorry to hear of your fathers passing, very understanding taking time off of flying to help with your families estate.

Congratulations with the 1.3 km flight, that’s quite a stretch glad to hear you have an area to fly these distances. Under right conditions, Bebop 2 with SkyController 2 will fly 2.1 miles. Sounds like this beautiful area you flew may allow the 2.1 mile distance, you may need to increase elevation a little.

Thanks for sharing, please continue with your Bebop 2 flying and share future experiences.

Congratulations!
Paul

CoyoteJack
Ready for take off

Post by CoyoteJack » 08 Aug 2019, 20:26

Thank-You Paul.

I fly out in the wilderness of New Brunswick. I plan on using the Bebop 2 as a moose scouting tool and also to find those hidden fishing spots. It should be no problem for me to max out my distances as there are many bald hills that overlook valleys in this part of the world. I will have to start posting the odd pic if you can do that here.

Jack