Login to disable ads!

Skycontroller 2P versus Skycontroller 2

Questions and answers about Bebop, Bebop 2 and the Parrot Skycontroller.
Thrasherg
Newcomer
Drone Type: Bebop 2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Skycontroller 2P versus Skycontroller 2

Post by Thrasherg » 09 Jun 2019, 23:14

Ladies and gentlemen, I have a couple of Bebops's and a couple of skycontroller2's. I was flying today and it reminded me of a minor issue I am seeing and I wanted to ask for advice/suggestions. One of my skycontrollers is a regular skycontroller2, the other says its a skycontroller 2P (I assume its a bebop2 power skycontroller, I purchased the controller from eBay a while ago!!). Anyway, I notice that when I fly using the regular controller, that if I point the antenna of the controller at the Bebop everything is fine (good range and picture), however when I popint the antenna of the skycontroller 2P at the bebop, the little circular picture in the bottom left corner of Freeflight Pro tells me that I need to rotate the controller for best signal, when it tells me the signal is good the controller is NOT pointing at the Bebop2, but is aimed quite a bit to the side of the Bebop2.. This seems odd, firstly I wondered if it was the skycontroller 2P needing a calibration or something, then I noticed the regular skycontroller is running software v1.0.9 but the 2P is running v1.0.5. I asked freeflight pro to check for updates and it tells me both skycontrollers have the latest software.. I tried to find the skycointroller software on the parrot WEB site but couldn't find any drivers, is there anywhere I can check that they really do have different software versions and are up to date? Any ideas why the 2P controller doesn't want me pointing the controller at the Bebop but of to the side? Is this normal or is something out of callibration? Both controllers give good range and seem to work perfectly but I dont understand why they should both behave quite differently regarding the direction the controller should point for best performance?

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Gary

PS can anyone tell me if there is a parrot central location for downloads, I couldn't find a single download on their normal WEB site.