Login to disable ads!

connection to the skycontroler2

Questions and answers about Bebop, Bebop 2 and the Parrot Skycontroller.
Post Reply
xgamer011
Battery Charged
Posts: 6
Joined: 26 Jan 2019, 16:20
Drone Type: Bebop 2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

connection to the skycontroler2

Post by xgamer011 » 26 Jan 2019, 16:37

Hi,
I bought the bebop 2 with the FPV pack,
but I'm mad :cry: 'cause,I can't connect to my skycontroler 2 with my phone (honor 6). I can control the drone (parrot bebop 2) with my phone, and I can connect the skycontroler2 to the drone and control it but not the two at same time.
I tought that maybe my phone is not compatible, but I can't find any answers so I came here :D .

If someone could take some of his time to answer me I would very thankful, and like this I will use at max my FPV pack.

User avatar
waterlanding
Thinking of bearings
Posts: 177
Joined: 11 Nov 2017, 18:01
Drone Type: Bebop 2
Has thanked: 33 times
Been thanked: 54 times

Re: connection to the skycontroler2

Post by waterlanding » 27 Jan 2019, 20:44

xgamer011 wrote:
26 Jan 2019, 16:37
Hi,
I bought the bebop 2 with the FPV pack,
but I'm mad :cry: 'cause,I can't connect to my skycontroler 2 with my phone (honor 6). I can control the drone (parrot bebop 2) with my phone, and I can connect the skycontroler2 to the drone and control it but not the two at same time.
I tought that maybe my phone is not compatible, but I can't find any answers so I came here :D .

If someone could take some of his time to answer me I would very thankful, and like this I will use at max my FPV pack.
When using a SkyController 2 you MUST turn off your phone's wifi before connecting it. Connect your phone with a data cable to the SkyController, then turn on the SkyController. It should automatically connect to the drone and automatically open the app (Free Flight Pro). Good luck!

xgamer011
Battery Charged
Posts: 6
Joined: 26 Jan 2019, 16:20
Drone Type: Bebop 2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: connection to the skycontroler2

Post by xgamer011 » 31 Jan 2019, 18:19

But when I connect with a cable to the skycontroler 2 and I turn it on the app won't open automaticaly

User avatar
waterlanding
Thinking of bearings
Posts: 177
Joined: 11 Nov 2017, 18:01
Drone Type: Bebop 2
Has thanked: 33 times
Been thanked: 54 times

Re: connection to the skycontroler2

Post by waterlanding » 31 Jan 2019, 21:10

xgamer011 wrote:
31 Jan 2019, 18:19
But when I connect with a cable to the skycontroler 2 and I turn it on the app won't open automaticaly
Try a different cable. Not all USB cables work with the SC2.

xgamer011
Battery Charged
Posts: 6
Joined: 26 Jan 2019, 16:20
Drone Type: Bebop 2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: connection to the skycontroler2

Post by xgamer011 » 03 Feb 2019, 15:20

Do I have to change something in the USB setti,g of my phone or not :?:
Or :idea: maybe I have to change my phone and get a compatible phone :?:

User avatar
waterlanding
Thinking of bearings
Posts: 177
Joined: 11 Nov 2017, 18:01
Drone Type: Bebop 2
Has thanked: 33 times
Been thanked: 54 times

Re: connection to the skycontroler2

Post by waterlanding » 03 Feb 2019, 17:13

xgamer011 wrote:
03 Feb 2019, 15:20
Do I have to change something in the USB setti,g of my phone or not :?:
Or :idea: maybe I have to change my phone and get a compatible phone :?:
Possibly any of the above, but turn off your phone's wifi and try a different cable first. That's a common cause of your problem.

And please stop yelling (large bold test). We're just a bunch of hobbyists trying to help. This forum has no connection whatsoever with Parrot.

xgamer011
Battery Charged
Posts: 6
Joined: 26 Jan 2019, 16:20
Drone Type: Bebop 2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: connection to the skycontroler2

Post by xgamer011 » 04 Feb 2019, 15:35

And if I change my phone wath phone should I take ?

xgamer011
Battery Charged
Posts: 6
Joined: 26 Jan 2019, 16:20
Drone Type: Bebop 2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: connection to the skycontroler2

Post by xgamer011 » 04 Feb 2019, 17:54

I've tried many cable and it still don't work, what should I try ?

User avatar
waterlanding
Thinking of bearings
Posts: 177
Joined: 11 Nov 2017, 18:01
Drone Type: Bebop 2
Has thanked: 33 times
Been thanked: 54 times

Re: connection to the skycontroler2

Post by waterlanding » 04 Feb 2019, 18:02

xgamer011 wrote:
04 Feb 2019, 17:54
I've tried many cable and it still don't work, what should I try ?
Have you tried with the phone in Airplane Mode (wifi OFF)? Do not connect the phone's wifi to the drone! It will interfere with the SkyController's wifi.

xgamer011
Battery Charged
Posts: 6
Joined: 26 Jan 2019, 16:20
Drone Type: Bebop 2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: connection to the skycontroler2

Post by xgamer011 » 04 Feb 2019, 18:23

I have understood that the wifi of th phone must be turn off but my phone won't detect the SC2.

And maybe you know what phones are compatible ?

User avatar
waterlanding
Thinking of bearings
Posts: 177
Joined: 11 Nov 2017, 18:01
Drone Type: Bebop 2
Has thanked: 33 times
Been thanked: 54 times

Re: connection to the skycontroler2

Post by waterlanding » 04 Feb 2019, 23:46

xgamer011 wrote:
04 Feb 2019, 18:23
I have understood that the wifi of th phone must be turn off but my phone won't detect the SC2.

And maybe you know what phones are compatible ?
I use an iPhone 6s, and/or a Samsung Galaxy S6 for normal flight with the Sc2. For tablets, my iPad mini works great. and my Galaxy Tab S2 works as well. If you search this forum there have been several threads about phone compatibility.

On an androud, after connecting the cable to the SC2, try pulling down the notifications screen on your phone and see if it says something like "USB Device connected" and gives you options (both my android phones do that). If it does, select "Media device" and it might work...

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Neozy and 0 guests