Login to disable ads!

Free Flight connects fine but Flight Planner will not

Questions and answers about Bebop, Bebop 2 and the Parrot Skycontroller.
Fastaschit
Newcomer
Drone Type: Bebop 2

Free Flight connects fine but Flight Planner will not

Post by Fastaschit » 19 Jan 2019, 05:15

My Bebop 2 firmware 4.7.1 has always worked great and flown many planner mission. Today I started getting error when trying to initiate mission. I would take off, hover, and fly around with not problem but when I hit the start key to begin a loaded mission I get a popup at the bottom of the screen "Please connect your device to a Bebop Drone". It like the Free Flight sees and connects but the Planner doesn't see that it's connected. I have tried 2 tablets, 1 phone, with and without SC 2, and reset the Drone. Nothing has changed to cause this issue to arise today.

The only thing I have done to this bird is change the bitrate to 40K and turn off Noise reduction. I've flown many times since then and highly unlikely that has anything to do with it.

Has anyone experienced this before? I have had this happen once before a while back but do not I did not figure why it done so or what helped to stop. This time it seems the issue is not going away.

waterlanding
Thinking of bearings

Re: Free Flight connects fine but Flight Planner will not

Post by waterlanding » 19 Jan 2019, 14:13

Fastaschit wrote:
19 Jan 2019, 05:15
My Bebop 2 firmware 4.7.1 has always worked great and flown many planner mission. Today I started getting error when trying to initiate mission. I would take off, hover, and fly around with not problem but when I hit the start key to begin a loaded mission I get a popup at the bottom of the screen "Please connect your device to a Bebop Drone". It like the Free Flight sees and connects but the Planner doesn't see that it's connected. I have tried 2 tablets, 1 phone, with and without SC 2, and reset the Drone. Nothing has changed to cause this issue to arise today.

The only thing I have done to this bird is change the bitrate to 40K and turn off Noise reduction. I've flown many times since then and highly unlikely that has anything to do with it.

Has anyone experienced this before? I have had this happen once before a while back but do not I did not figure why it done so or what helped to stop. This time it seems the issue is not going away.
You're not reading that error message carefully enough. "Please connect your device to a Bebop Drone". You stated you were flying a Bebop 2, right? The solution is simple. You're trying to send a Bebop FlightPlan to a Bebop 2 drone. That doesn't work.

Each saved FP is marked for what type of drone it's associated with. When setting up a new FP, be sure you pick the correct drone (on the first screen after hitting "New").

Fastaschit
Newcomer

Re: Free Flight connects fine but Flight Planner will not

Post by Fastaschit » 19 Jan 2019, 19:36

Thank you, that was very much appreciated. When I read your post I immediately agreed without even testing first. The answer was right under my nose. Rolling my eyes...

For years I've owned many GPS quads even more higher end than the Bebop 2 and usually very thorough which resulted in little mistakes and much less any crashes. This reminds me I can never be too comfortable with simply making sure.

I've flown 50+ Flight Plan missions and never clicked the wrong vehicle. Yesterday I did and my path of elimination was wrong. After realizing my newly created flight plan would not work or connect, one of the steps was clearing the cache (Android) and later followed by the data. I knew it would remove old missions but evidently I chose the wrong vehicle again on the fresh installed App.

Now, knowing the answer and taking a different look I find that when viewing your flight plans it tells you which vehicle that particular plan is for. Of course it would. For some reason I was thinking it seen the bebop and bebop 2 as the same and did not think any further about it even when I seen the error to connect a Bebop instead of Bebop 2. I know differently now, thanks for that. I also now see I chose the wrong vehicle on 3 different devices while trying to figure out what was going on. Not sure if the latest App update rearranged the order that vehicle choices were listed or what but I chose wrong vehicles several times yesterday and never had in the past. Can never be too patient when it comes to setup and planning.

Thanks again waterlanding!