Login to disable ads!

Mambo and Controller Linking

The Parrot Mambo minidrone is full of surprises! Whether you equip it with the Cannon or the Grabber, it'll turn the sky into an amazing playground.
bmouthboyo
Newcomer
Drone Type: Mambo
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Mambo and Controller Linking

Post by bmouthboyo » 01 Jan 2019, 14:53

Hi guys,

New to drones but got myself a Parrot Mambo FPV over christmas and have been playing about with it in a local heathland area.

One thing I am struggling with is how to quickly link the drone with the remote controller. Do I need to use the phone app each time? If not is there a sequence I should be taking as the drone and controller just seem to flash and wont link unless I use the app, which I assume is then using wifi and more battery?

Also the viewing mode via wifi seems to have a very poor range, is this normal?

Thanks

Dirk_ANAFI
Up and hovering
Drone Type: Anafi

Re: Mambo and Controller Linking

Post by Dirk_ANAFI » 01 Jan 2019, 15:30

Hi guy,
Congratulation to you as a Mambo FPV owner!

If you don't want to fly FPV, that means with the FPV cam, then you can dismantle the cam and fly with Skypad via BT. Then you don't need your smartphone and the FF Mini app.
Is it this what you are asking?
The Wifi range of Mambo FPV depends strongly on your surroundings. How crowded is it in your house or garden with routers and Wifi hotspots?
You can find out by using a Wifi Analyzer app. Search for a free Wifi channel and switch Mambo FPV to that channel in settings "camera".

bmouthboyo
Newcomer
Drone Type: Mambo
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by bmouthboyo » 01 Jan 2019, 15:52

Dirk_ANAFI wrote:
01 Jan 2019, 15:30
Hi guy,
Congratulation to you as a Mambo FPV owner!

If you don't want to fly FPV, that means with the FPV cam, then you can dismantle the cam and fly with Skypad via BT. Then you don't need your smartphone and the FF Mini app.
Is it this what you are asking?
The Wifi range of Mambo FPV depends strongly on your surroundings. How crowded is it in your house or garden with routers and Wifi hotspots?
You can find out by using a Wifi Analyzer app. Search for a free Wifi channel and switch Mambo FPV to that channel in settings "camera".
Hi Dirk,

I removed the camera and was attempting to simply use the controller however both the drone and controller were flashing and didn't seem to want to sync without the app.

Is there a procedure to syncing the drone and controller? i.e. Hold drone power button first, then the controller? How long should it usually take?

When I did get them working (via app) and I closed the phone I noticed I couldnt seem to switch piloting modes with the L2 button. Is that only via the app?

Dirk_ANAFI
Up and hovering
Drone Type: Anafi

Post by Dirk_ANAFI » 01 Jan 2019, 16:49

Yes I sometimes also realized problems with BT connectivity, when I tried to connect alternately in different constellations (another drone, with/without a cam, other cam ...) to the same controller.
Normally a BT connection should be ready in a few seconds.

Without smartphone it can help to reset the drone before connecting. But this is normally only necessary when connecting in a somewhat new constellation.
If you always use the same controller with the same drone and the same cam, all should be ok.

With smartphone: if there are problems with connecting in FF Mini, then it can help to clear the app data or to restart your phone. Again: normally not necessary.