Login to disable ads!

Cannot update Mambo

The Parrot Mambo minidrone is full of surprises! Whether you equip it with the Cannon or the Grabber, it'll turn the sky into an amazing playground.
Tristoune76
Newcomer
Drone Type: Mambo
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Cannot update Mambo

Post by Tristoune76 » 30 Dec 2018, 00:33

Hello,
I’ve just bought a parrot Mambo Fly. I’ve installed FreeFlight on my iPhone and the drone had connected correctly. But it found that it needed to be updated. So I began to update it using FreeFlight app. It failed during the transfer of the firmware to the drone. In fact at first it said that it had downloaded the firmware and then it failed. It indicated that the connection had been lost with the drone. I’ve also try with an android phone. In this case, it succeeded in transferring a part of the firmware. The transfer stop at 16,9% every time I’ve tried.
So I’ve tried using a usb cable and a PC. I’ve downloaded the firmware on parrot Mambo support web page. (The name of the file is something like “rollinspider...plf”) and I’ve copied the file in the drone. (Like it’s said in a topic on this forum). After unplugging it trop the pc and waiting until the lights has become fixed green, i’ve Tried to make it fly with the FreeFlight app and It had said me that I need to update the drone.
Is there anyone that can help me so I can make it fly?
I thank you all of you for your answer.
Tristoun76

Dirk_ANAFI
Up and hovering
Drone Type: Anafi

Re: Cannot update Mambo

Post by Dirk_ANAFI » 30 Dec 2018, 07:51

Hi Tristoune76,

do not use the Rollingspider.plf file!

Only use the file "Mambo.plf" on this page:
https://forum.developer.parrot.com/t/ft ... ade/8125/6
Scroll down on that page and download the file of October 31.
That is the newest version 3.0.26.
Install it with the USB method.
Good luck!