Login to disable ads!

Will downgrading my version of Free Flight Pro solve my Android Issue?

Questions and answers about Bebop, Bebop 2 and the Parrot Skycontroller.
Razor
Battery Charged
Drone Type: Bebop 2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Will downgrading my version of Free Flight Pro solve my Android Issue?

Post by Razor » 28 Dec 2018, 20:27

Brand new drone owner. Running into the App crash issue when using my Android phone and tablet. Wondering if installing an earlier version will correct the problem?
Thanks in advance...

waterlanding
Thinking of bearings

Re: Will downgrading my version of Free Flight Pro solve my Android Issue?

Post by waterlanding » 29 Dec 2018, 20:54

Razor wrote:
28 Dec 2018, 20:27
Brand new drone owner. Running into the App crash issue when using my Android phone and tablet. Wondering if installing an earlier version will correct the problem?
Thanks in advance...
You'd have to go so far back with the app (that bug's been around for almost 2 years) that you'd also have to downgrade the drone's firmware and loose a lot of features as well. But there's an easy fix. :)

Here's all you need to do: Open FreeFlight Pro, hit Fly & Film. Tap the "gear" icon on the top of the screen (settings). Tap "Interface". Scroll down to "Show Mini Map" and hit "Never". That's it! The app is stable with the mini map disabled.

Note: this is a well known bug that affects android users only. The mini map works fine for iOS users.

Happykook
Ready for take off

Post by Happykook » 30 Dec 2018, 14:17

waterlanding wrote:
29 Dec 2018, 20:54
Razor wrote:
Thanks in advance...
You'd have to go so far back with the app (that bug's been around for almost 2 years) that you'd also have to downgrade the drone's firmware and loose a lot of features as well. But there's an easy fix. :)

Here's all you need to do: Open FreeFlight Pro, hit Fly & Film. Tap the "gear" icon on the top of the screen (settings). Tap "Interface". Scroll down to "Show Mini Map" and hit "Never". That's it! The app is stable with the mini map disabled.

Note: this is a well known bug that affects android users only. The mini map works fine for iOS users.
If this works, you sir, are my new hero!!!

Happykook
Ready for take off

Post by Happykook » 30 Dec 2018, 14:33

waterlanding wrote:
29 Dec 2018, 20:54
Razor wrote:
Thanks in advance...

just tried this using my Samsung Galaxy S9+ disabled mini map, app still crashes as soon as i hit takeoff button

waterlanding
Thinking of bearings

Post by waterlanding » 30 Dec 2018, 16:36

Happykook wrote:
30 Dec 2018, 14:33
just tried this using my Samsung Galaxy S9+ disabled mini map, app still crashes as soon as i hit takeoff button
Darn! The Mini Map has been the primary cause of android crashes since it was added a year ago. You might want to uninstall and re-install the app. After a few crashes it may have corrupted itself... :?:

Razor
Battery Charged

Post by Razor » 31 Dec 2018, 14:23

Yeah, I did try the mini-map thing and it worked for my Android tablet but not for my Galaxy S8 phone. Weird.... Thanks for the attempt though. Very much appreciated....Happy New Year!!!

Happykook
Ready for take off

Post by Happykook » 03 Jan 2019, 23:02

ImageImage

Straight from the top.