Login to disable ads!

Skycontroller not connecting to Bebop 2

Questions and answers about Bebop, Bebop 2 and the Parrot Skycontroller.
Clive_fox
Ready for take off
Drone Type: Bebop

Skycontroller not connecting to Bebop 2

Post by Clive_fox » 21 Dec 2018, 09:11

I recently bought a Skycontroller 1, which I prefer to SC2 as I like the design and build and that it has an HDMI output. I have now bought a Bebop 2 and also a Samsung Tab A 8” tablet and have installed FreeFlight Pro.

I have updated the Skycontroller to 1.7.4 and managed to calibrate it. When I started FFP it said an update for the Bebop was available but would not update the Bebop to 4.7.1 but did update to 4.4.2.

I am able to get a picture on the tablet but the Skycontroller does not appear to be connected to the Bebop as none of the controls do anything. In Connections, in the tablet settings, it says Skycontroller_5444 Internet may not be available. In the same box it shows the Bebop2 with the WiFi graphic.

On one of the pages of FFP the top box shows the Bebop Not Connected, the next box says Connect and the last box shows an image of a controller with a triangle and an exclamation mark. Below this are several horizontal boxes listing my home WiFi and the below that the Bebop and both of these have a box saying forget.

Obviously I am doing something horribly wrong – is there a guide as to how to set all this up? Have uploaded pictures of the above.

Thanks in anticipation for any help
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

waterlanding
Thinking of bearings
Drone Type: Bebop 2

Re: Skycontroller not connecting to Bebop 2

Post by waterlanding » 21 Dec 2018, 21:11

Your final picture shows the SkyController is connected. It's just waiting for you to hit "connect" next to the Bebop2's name to pair the two. Doesn't that work?

Clive_fox
Ready for take off

Post by Clive_fox » 22 Dec 2018, 04:47

No it does not work

I am going to uninstall FFP and reinstall the FW for the SC

Also on another note how does one shutdown/exit FFP ?

asmith61
Just flips over

Post by asmith61 » 22 Dec 2018, 14:38

Hi
Just to reiterate what waterlanding has said by your pics it does seem that you were connected not sure why It didn’t work ? I also use a sky controller 1 and this is exactly how I connect, hope you have managed to get it sorted

Alby

Clive_fox
Ready for take off

Post by Clive_fox » 23 Dec 2018, 03:28

Alby
Could you give me the order with which you turn devices on.

asmith61
Just flips over

Post by asmith61 » 23 Dec 2018, 15:53

Hi Clive
This is how I connect first turn on the be bop, then the sky controller wait for the 2 sets of lights to stop flashing, then on your device ( I use my I phone or my I pad) go to settings find wi fi selet sky controller it should say connected (depends where I am it sometimes says unsucured network) connect that, I have free flight pro down loaded on my delivces I access this it has a pic of a handset which if sky controller is connected it will be red press that and it will say calibrate to do this I turn the sky controller round and round side to side until all 3 symbols go green and disappear, then on the device screen it will say fly and film with an arrow press the arrow and it should say take off and if you have remembered to take the camera lens off you see a picture from the camera and you are ready to fly😀

I hope you can follow my long winded instructions but this works for me every time good luck please keep me informed.
Alby

waterlanding
Thinking of bearings

Post by waterlanding » 23 Dec 2018, 18:14

Clive_fox wrote:
23 Dec 2018, 03:28
Alby
Could you give me the order with which you turn devices on.
1) Bebop OFF (so your phone doesn't connect to it accidentally)
2) SkyController ON. Wait for the lights to stop flashing.
3) Connect phone wifi to SkyController.
4) Open the FFPro app.
5) Tap the controller Icon. It should show your SkyController connected. Go back to the main screen.
6) Turn ON the drone, and wait for it to stop blinking.
7) After about 30 seconds, tap the "connect" button next to the drone name. If it brings up a list, select your drone and hit connect.

This pairs the drone with your Skycontroller. The next time you turn on your SkyController it will automatically connect to your drone without step 7. Just be sure you don't allow your phone to "hijack" the connection before the SC connects! There's some indication in your pictures that that's what happened the last time you tried. Only one device (the SkyController) can be connected to a Bebop at a time.

Clive_fox
Ready for take off

Post by Clive_fox » 24 Dec 2018, 08:24

Thanks for all the help.

Firstly merry Xmas to everyone and hope it is a good year also

I am just going out now but I tried the above quickly and it seems to work except for 5) where I get the SC reported as No Remote Control. However there is control but I have not flown it yet just testing on the bench with no props installed. You can see in the image attached the message I am getting and am not sure what it means.

How are you supposed to exit FFP ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

waterlanding
Thinking of bearings

Post by waterlanding » 24 Dec 2018, 13:54

Clive_fox wrote:
24 Dec 2018, 08:24
Thanks for all the help.

Firstly merry Xmas to everyone and hope it is a good year also

I am just going out now but I tried the above quickly and it seems to work except for 5) where I get the SC reported as No Remote Control. However there is control but I have not flown it yet just testing on the bench with no props installed. You can see in the image attached the message I am getting and am not sure what it means.

How are you supposed to exit FFP ?
Step 5 is really unnecessary. It was just to confirm the SC was connected, and it clearly is. I'm not sure about the "No Remote Control" message. If the app didn't see the SkyController that screen would be blank with the message "No Controller Detected"

Off-Hand, I think the "No Remote Control" is a poorly translated phrase (remember these messages are all translated from the original French) that at that point in the process the drone wasn't turned on - thus at that point you had no remote control of it. I think you're ready to fly!

Closing the app is a function of your phone and just like any app. On iOS double click the control button then swipe the app off the screen. On android there's a similar function (push and hold the control button?) that brings up all open apps for you to swipe off the screen. Anyway, that's a phone function, not part of FFPro.

MERRY CHRISTMAS, and good luck with your first test flight! :D