Login to disable ads!

Follow Me app?

Questions and answers about Bebop, Bebop 2 and the Parrot Skycontroller.
larry31
Just flips over
Drone Type: Bebop 2
Has thanked: 0

Follow Me app?

Post by larry31 » 12 Dec 2018, 15:15

I'm confused! When I try to find the Follow Me app in Play Store, nothing comes up for Parrot. The first that comes up is the Free Flight Pro app. Followed by Free Flight 6, and AR Pro-3.

Is there a separate download for the Follow Me app? Is it now included in the FreeFlight Pro?

My current version of FFP is..5.2.2 My opening screen only shows "Flight Plan" & "Fly & Film"
Tapping on "Flight Plan" gives link to buy it at $19.99

I can't find any listing for Follow Me anywhere. Can someone post a link to where it can be acquired?

waterlanding
Thinking of bearings

Re: Follow Me app?

Post by waterlanding » 13 Dec 2018, 00:04

larry31 wrote:
12 Dec 2018, 15:15
I'm confused! When I try to find the Follow Me app in Play Store, nothing comes up for Parrot. The first that comes up is the Free Flight Pro app. Followed by Free Flight 6, and AR Pro-3.

Is there a separate download for the Follow Me app? Is it now included in the FreeFlight Pro?

My current version of FFP is..5.2.2 My opening screen only shows "Flight Plan" & "Fly & Film"
Tapping on "Flight Plan" gives link to buy it at $19.99

I can't find any listing for Follow Me anywhere. Can someone post a link to where it can be acquired?
Follow me only works on - and is only available on phones not tablets. It doesn't even show up on a tablet.

It's an in-app purchase - so its not available from the Play Store. Just take out your phone, open FFPro, and hit the "Follow Me" button (main screen, below Flight Plan". On the next screen, hit the "Buy for $0.00" button (iOS), or the "Buy for $0.99" button (Android).

I have no idea why its free on iOS and 99 cents on Android. Must be a Google thing.

larry31
Just flips over
Has thanked: 0

Post by larry31 » 13 Dec 2018, 02:54

Thanks Waterlanding!
Guess I'm out of luck. I don't have a smart phone. I only have my Samsung Galaxy Tab-2 to fly with.
I wish Parrot would make these little known pieces of information easier to know.

I just installed AR Pro-3, and am learning to use it. Could you tell me if it's " Follow Me " feature will work on my Galaxy tablet?
Right now, it's to cold, outside, to play around much with the drone. ( Day temp's in 20's F )

waterlanding
Thinking of bearings

Post by waterlanding » 13 Dec 2018, 19:33

larry31 wrote:
13 Dec 2018, 02:54
I just installed AR Pro-3, and am learning to use it. Could you tell me if it's " Follow Me " feature will work on my Galaxy tablet?
Yes, I think AR Pro 3 calls it "Track Me", but it's pretty similar. One thing... Unless it's been updated since I last tested it, AR Pro 3 won't change altitude as it follows you. FFPro (which only works on phones) will only change altitude if your device has a barometer.