Login to disable ads!

Propeller change help!

Questions and answers about Bebop, Bebop 2 and the Parrot Skycontroller.
hartnoll833
Newcomer
Drone Type: Bebop
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Propeller change help!

Post by hartnoll833 » 27 Nov 2018, 00:14

Hi guys help needed. I have changed my props. Removed the screws etc as I've upgraded to carbon fibre props.

On one of the arms the 3 holes on the motor where the screws go in; 2 of the threads have gone. What can I do. Only one screw will now hold and I cannot fly it.

Any suggestions please....? :o

Thank you, Lee

waterlanding
Thinking of bearings
Drone Type: Bebop 2

Re: Propeller change help!

Post by waterlanding » 27 Nov 2018, 13:18

hartnoll833 wrote:
27 Nov 2018, 00:14
Hi guys help needed. I have changed my props. Removed the screws etc as I've upgraded to carbon fibre props.

On one of the arms the 3 holes on the motor where the screws go in; 2 of the threads have gone. What can I do. Only one screw will now hold and I cannot fly it.

Any suggestions please....? :o

Thank you, Lee
You're going to have to replace the motor cage. They're relatively cheap and easy to change. Here's a set on amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Parrot-Bebop-Dro ... motor+cage

You shouldn't have needed to remove any screws to change props. Are you sure you bought the correct ones?

Apolonio
Ready for take off
Drone Type: Bebop 2
Has thanked: 0

Re: Propeller change help!

Post by Apolonio » 28 Nov 2018, 22:36

I agree with waterLanding,

Purshase a kit, eBay sells motor kits, And bebop tools.

The problem are these junk carbon fiber props, I’ve purchased a couple of sets myself and like you ruined my screw portion of the motors. These 3rd party props are thinner were they mount, needing to tighten the screws more than normal to keep them secure. This is how the threads get damaged, over tighing. Toss these 3rd party props in the trash, order parrot props only from the parrot store.

Good luck, stay away from these defective 3rd party props.

Paul