Bepop 2 Vs Husban Zino/Xiaomi Fimi A3

Questions and answers about Bebop, Bebop 2 and the Parrot Skycontroller.
Frank85
Newcomer
Drone Type: Bebop 2

Bepop 2 Vs Husban Zino/Xiaomi Fimi A3

Post by Frank85 » 24 Nov 2018, 14:17

I would like to buy my first drone.
I like Anafi a lot but even if it is discounted at 549 euros for me it is still quite expensive.
So I started to consider the idea of buying the Bepop 2 in the version with Skycontroller 2 and FPV ... especially if the price were to drop to at least 300 euros.

Since there will also be new drones on these price like the Husban Zino or the Xiaomi Fimi A3 ... what would you do?

better to buy a new model ... or instead better to bet on the old Bepop 2?

AR.Tommy
Charged up again
Drone Type: Bebop

Re: Bepop 2 Vs Husban Zino/Xiaomi Fimi A3

Post by AR.Tommy » 24 Nov 2018, 14:47

Hello and welcome,

since the main focus of this board is on Parrot drones my answer is biased - but the Bebop 2 with the FPV kit at current price tag is a bargain.
http://www.digitalsirup.com

Sweet and delicious apps for your drones.

Frank85
Newcomer

Post by Frank85 » 24 Nov 2018, 15:06

Thanks Tommy,

I would like to have a drone with which I can make 3D modeling of the overflown territory; The Bepop 2 would seem to me the most suitable given also its predisposition to an app like Pix4D capture.

But there is one thing I did not understand very well ..
the camera of the Bepop 2 can be tilted 90 ° downwards ... but I have read that it is not possible to take complete photos in this position ... is it true?

If so, I could still take it ... obviously the 3D modeling can be done even without the 90 ° photos

AR.Tommy
Charged up again
Drone Type: Bebop

Post by AR.Tommy » 24 Nov 2018, 15:12

It's true the actual camera can not be tilted. But this does not mean the photo is not complete. Its more like it is always complete because tilting is done via software only, where the Bebop shows a clipping of an 180° view.

More details in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=9777
http://www.digitalsirup.com

Sweet and delicious apps for your drones.

Frank85
Newcomer

Post by Frank85 » 24 Nov 2018, 15:23

Ok, so a part of the 90 ° view remains framed in the high quality picture?

waterlanding
Up and hovering

Post by waterlanding » 25 Nov 2018, 13:54

Frank85 wrote:
24 Nov 2018, 15:23
The Bebop 2 has a fisheye lens that doesn't move. It's pointed forward at 17 degrees below the horizon.
The software of the drone can select a section of the 175 degree image and de-fisheye it, so it will look like the camera is pointing left, right, up, or down.

The same thing applies to pointing straight down. You can't take a photo centered below the drone. The very bottom edge of the fisheye is straight down. The center of your downward shot is actually about 17 degrees forward. That means that even with considerable error correction you can still never create a true downward mosaic.

All that aside, have you ever flown a quad before? It's harder than the ads make it look, and crashes or fly-aways can be expensive. The Bebop2 is an excellent drone to develop your skills with, and the current price on Parrot's site for the full FPV kit is half the usual list price....

Frank85
Newcomer

Post by Frank85 » 26 Nov 2018, 14:04

waterlanding wrote:
25 Nov 2018, 13:54
Frank85 wrote:
24 Nov 2018, 15:23
The Bebop 2 has a fisheye lens that doesn't move. It's pointed forward at 17 degrees below the horizon.
The software of the drone can select a section of the 175 degree image and de-fisheye it, so it will look like the camera is pointing left, right, up, or down.

The same thing applies to pointing straight down. You can't take a photo centered below the drone. The very bottom edge of the fisheye is straight down. The center of your downward shot is actually about 17 degrees forward. That means that even with considerable error correction you can still never create a true downward mosaic.

All that aside, have you ever flown a quad before? It's harder than the ads make it look, and crashes or fly-aways can be expensive. The Bebop2 is an excellent drone to develop your skills with, and the current price on Parrot's site for the full FPV kit is half the usual list price....
Thanks for the explanation.

I am now almost convinced to take the Bepop 2 in the FPV version ... also because I would like a drone that allows me to do aerofogrammetry and 3D modeling.

I'm following the price trend ... as soon as it drops near 300 euros I'm ready to take it.