Motor Failure (5) ?

Questions and answers about Bebop, Bebop 2 and the Parrot Skycontroller.
Parrotguy
Newcomer
Drone Type: Bebop 2
Has thanked: 0

Motor Failure (5) ?

Post by Parrotguy » 05 Nov 2018, 18:45

After a crash, my BB2 fails takeoff with a “Motor Failure (5)” code. Anyone know what that particular number indicates? Does it tell which motor? All 4 seem to operate smoothly, and replacing the one that I guessed was the problem (the corner that drops first on takeoff failure) didn’t change anything...

AR.Tommy
Charged up again
Drone Type: Bebop

Re: Motor Failure (5) ?

Post by AR.Tommy » 05 Nov 2018, 20:18

Hello,

Motor Failure Code 5 stands for "RC emergency stop". This happens when pressing the emergency button. (but I guess you did not press it)
http://www.digitalsirup.com

Sweet and delicious apps for your drones.

Parrotguy
Newcomer

Post by Parrotguy » 05 Nov 2018, 21:03

Interesting, and thank you. Would it throw this error code if the drone itself declares an emergency shutdown (say, because it couldn’t maintain stability) or only it it believes the remote emergency stop command was sent? It will liftoff about a foot, wobble, and shutdown with error (5). If it’s the drone declaring shutdown, perhaps I have a prop or balance problem of some sort. But if it really thinks the button is being pressed, anyone have any ideas?

larry31
Ready for take off

Post by larry31 » 06 Nov 2018, 02:42

Do the props look like they are all good?
I had a hard landing (in low bushes ). Replaced one prop, and it flew, but didn't sound normal.
I removed all props, and placed them on flat surface. Measured how much each prop tip was off the flat surface. A very small difference of about 1/32 to 1/16 inch on one prop. Replaced it, and back to normal sound when flying.