New bebop 2 member questions

Questions and answers about Bebop, Bebop 2 and the Parrot Skycontroller.
Eagle430s
Ready for take off
Drone Type: Bebop 2
Has thanked: 0

New bebop 2 member questions

Post by Eagle430s » 30 Oct 2018, 09:04

Hello fellow members
I recently bought a parrotbebop 2 fpv pack
I am completly new to bebop 2 drone and have limited experience with drones ..i only flew my friend 's dji phantom 4 a couple of times withhim next to me to guide me
I have a couple of questions as a new member:
Is there any warning -sound from the skycontroller 2 when the drone is getting out of range? Or when the gps signal gets weak?
2. I accedentally reset my drone and since then its asking me for callibration everytime i will fly it _(after calibration is ok to fly but its abit annoying to do it everytime)
3. My friend's dji app had a "flight path" ..itwas very useful during night flight..what it didwas to have an H mark at the point of taking off and i could see the flight path ofthe drone in the map and control it from there..also i could see where the drone was going...turning etc. I even flew it back and land it with out looking at the drone..just the path and the map on the controller..is there any similar way to do that with the free flight pro app ?

waterlanding
Up and hovering

Re: New bebop 2 member questions

Post by waterlanding » 30 Oct 2018, 13:24

Welcome to the world of Bebop!

1) No warning sound. There's a wifi symbol on the flight screen that tells you a little about your signal strength, but no warning. Usually your video starts breaking up as you're pushing range, but sometimes without much warning. A Bebop 2 will also return to home by itself (at 20 meters altitude) if it looses signal - so be sure there's no obstacles that high between you and the drone! :)

2) Spin the drone faster during callibration. Resetting it is a good thing. Always reset after an update or if the drone starts behaving oddly.

3) it's called "Map Mode". Be sure you've pre-loaded maps before your flight. Just tap on the map icon and you'll see your drone and home on a (pre-loaded) map of your area. There's also a circle with a red/green wedge in it. THat's called the "Radar". It turns green when you're facing the drone.

We were all just starting out once. Right now Parrot's support site is in chaos. Feel free to come back with any questions as you get the hang of flying your drone!

Eagle430s
Ready for take off
Has thanked: 0

Post by Eagle430s » 30 Oct 2018, 13:55

Thank you very much for your answers really helpful
I am sorry if my questions were a bit silly in the drone community but am a beginner

I really enjoy my little bebop 2 good fun with lots of feautures

dries_w
Ready for take off

Post by dries_w » 30 Oct 2018, 14:11

No need to say sorry, we all start as a beginner. In this community we help each other out with 'problems'. Have fun :D
Last edited by dries_w on 30 Oct 2018, 20:09, edited 1 time in total.
BB2 since december 2015 - iPhoine - Xiaomi WiFi extender - allways latest updates

asmith61
Just flips over

Post by asmith61 » 30 Oct 2018, 18:44

Hi eagle430s

Welcome great choice the bb2 I am very much still learning myself :D
There is so much great help on here :)
Having fun :lol: