Parrot Community Gone???

Questions and answers about Bebop, Bebop 2 and the Parrot Skycontroller.
Sang82
Ready for take off
Drone Type: Bebop 2

Parrot Community Gone???

Post by Sang82 » 23 Oct 2018, 21:52

Does anyone on here know what happened to the parrot community forum? Is this where everyone has moved to?

IronSpear
Ready for take off

Re: Parrot Community Gone???

Post by IronSpear » 24 Oct 2018, 07:35

Sang82 wrote:
23 Oct 2018, 21:52
Does anyone on here know what happened to the parrot community forum? Is this where everyone has moved to?
Not sure what has happened to the COmmunity site, went down about a week ago.
Some ppl from there are on this site now (including me).
Have fun Flying!
-(2 x Parrot Bebop 2's - SC1/SC2 - Samsung S7)+(1 x Parrot Mambo - Flypad - Samsung S6)+(GoPro Karma Hero5)-All latest Updates-

dries_w
Ready for take off

Post by dries_w » 24 Oct 2018, 09:21

The Parrot community is gone completely.
In a way Parrot allways communicate with costumers the past two years, they deleted without any warnig, they just let the community members and the Parrot customers down in a very indecent way.
BB2 since december 2015 - iPhoine - Xiaomi WiFi extender - allways latest updates

asmith61
Just flips over

Post by asmith61 » 24 Oct 2018, 09:55

I wondered were that had gone I thought it may have been down for maintenance or something :D

uavloki6
Newcomer
Been thanked: 0

Post by uavloki6 » 24 Oct 2018, 11:49

I noticed my flights stopped uploading from FreeFlight about a week ago. I cannot access them from FlightData Manager nor are they labeled in the My.Parrot flights list. They are available without labels if I scroll all the way to the bottom of 70+flights and are "unmarked". I tried last night to reconnect my SC2, phone and BB2P to see if they would upload properly, but no. Anyone advise. Thanks.

Sang82
Ready for take off

Post by Sang82 » 24 Oct 2018, 16:45

So it doesn’t look like it’s coming back then!! Typical parrot!!! I hope they sort out the flight data issue as I export mine for the overlays on the videos I take I haven’t flown my drone since the 15th and it seemed to be working then.

dries_w
Ready for take off

Post by dries_w » 24 Oct 2018, 20:08

I did contact Parrot customer "service" by phone and asked them about the Communty and the uploaded flight data, but I did not get a real answer. They said they will contact me if there is an answer !!?? I dont think I get any answer from them, but If .. . . . . I will let you know :D
BB2 since december 2015 - iPhoine - Xiaomi WiFi extender - allways latest updates

Sang82
Ready for take off

Post by Sang82 » 24 Oct 2018, 21:34

Keep us posted.

Sang82
Ready for take off

Post by Sang82 » 25 Oct 2018, 16:34

This is the response I got today from parrot.

Parrot Community Support pages and our website are being modified at the moment combined together with a new better interface.

Regarding syncing your flights, since when exactly you haven't been able to sync flights? Were there any changes? Can you try to re-install the application allowing all permissions?

It is always our aim at Parrot to provide you, our customer, with top quality service to the best of our ability.

Thank you for supporting Parrot, we do appreciate your business

asmith61
Just flips over

Post by asmith61 » 25 Oct 2018, 20:18

Hi sang 82

Thank you for contacting parrot and hopefully they will sort it out soon :D

hogshawrabbit
Ready for take off
Has thanked: 0

Post by hogshawrabbit » 27 Oct 2018, 14:14

Yes I too have been looking for the Parrot community today and found this site so registered. Nice to see Bebop2 pilots here :-)

Anyway I logged a ticket this week to see when parrot are going to make RTH manual on the Bebop2 and their response below seems to indicate they may be working on it .... I read on a YouTube today that the Anafi has a manual RTH feature is this true ?

Parrot says..

Hello Michael,

Thank you for contacting Parrot Customer Support. My name is Adam, and I will be assisting you with your case # 1231582.

Your voice is heard, I have delivered your feedback directly to the concerned department to make sure that we provide our customers with a top quality service, We are working on future plans to develop more features in our applications such as the feature to adjust the return to home (RTH). Again we do apologize for any hassle caused and we once again thank for your patience with us.

It is always our aim at Parrot to provide you, our customer, with top quality service to the best of our ability.

We appreciate your understanding,
Kind Regards,

Adam B.

Parrot Customer Support

AR.Tommy
Charged up again
Drone Type: Bebop

Post by AR.Tommy » 27 Oct 2018, 14:42

hogshawrabbit wrote:
27 Oct 2018, 14:14
(..)Bebop2 and their response below seems to indicate they may be working on it .... I read on a YouTube today that the Anafi has a manual RTH feature is this true(..)
Changing the return to home height is already possible, I already answered in: https://www.drone-forum.com/forum/viewt ... 116&t=9779
http://www.digitalsirup.com

Sweet and delicious apps for your drones.

dries_w
Ready for take off

Post by dries_w » 27 Oct 2018, 15:18

hogshawrabbit wrote:
27 Oct 2018, 14:14
Yes I too have been looking for the Parrot community today and found this site so registered. Nice to see Bebop2 pilots here :-)

Anyway I logged a ticket this week to see when parrot are going to make RTH manual on the Bebop2 and their response below seems to indicate they may be working on it .... I read on a YouTube today that the Anafi has a manual RTH feature is this true ?

Parrot says..

Hello Michael,

Thank you for contacting Parrot Customer Support. My name is Adam, and I will be assisting you with your case # 1231582.

Your voice is heard, I have delivered your feedback directly to the concerned department to make sure that we provide our customers with a top quality service, We are working on future plans to develop more features in our applications such as the feature to adjust the return to home (RTH). Again we do apologize for any hassle caused and we once again thank for your patience with us.

We appreciate your understanding,
Kind Regards,

Adam B.

Parrot Customer Support
That Parrotd reaction is realy crab. :twisted: In the former Parrot communty we asked for a couple of years for manual RTH input, oure voice was never heard ! !
Of course you can set the RTH in the FW via telnet as @AR-Tommy said but you have to repeat that every FW update and not everybody is familiar with telnet procedure.

AR.Tommy
Charged up again
Drone Type: Bebop

Post by AR.Tommy » 27 Oct 2018, 15:26

Since the new modell Anafi ist out already I would not expect to much new features for the Bebop.
http://www.digitalsirup.com

Sweet and delicious apps for your drones.

waterlanding
Up and hovering

Post by waterlanding » 27 Oct 2018, 23:42

AR.Tommy wrote:
27 Oct 2018, 14:42

Changing the return to home height is already possible, I already answered in: https://www.drone-forum.com/forum/viewt ... 116&t=9779
Well done Tommy! Let me add that there once was a time when you could use a 3rd party app like AR Pro or Bebop Pro to change the RTH altitude. I just found out that Parrot "broke" that feature with a firmware update, so at this time editing the configuration file via telnet appear to be our only option.

I'm one of the lucky ones. 20 meters is just the right height to clear all the obstacles where I fly.