90 degree pics

Questions and answers about Bebop, Bebop 2 and the Parrot Skycontroller.
brwn
Newcomer
Drone Type: Bebop 2
Has thanked: 0

90 degree pics

Post by brwn » 26 Oct 2018, 11:40

Hi all.
I was wondering if anyone has any tips on how to take 90 degree pics (straight down)? I'm not sure what's the best format to take these pictures because if I take them on DNG mode with the camera pointing down, when I de-fisheye a big area of the picture is lost and this area is usually the 90 degree part of it. If I take in JPG it sure shows what the camera is filming however because it's not RAW I lose a lot of quality... Any ideas? Thanks!

AR.Tommy
Charged up again
Drone Type: Bebop

Re: 90 degree pics

Post by AR.Tommy » 26 Oct 2018, 12:04

Hello,

this is a design problem. The Bebop can not really tilt the camera, what it does is showing a clipping of the fisheye. This is a software only solution.

I attached an example (not to scale but to get the idea)
example.png
Red: the full fisheye view - it's obvious you can not tilt this.
Yellow: the high quality picture - you can not tilt this either because it shows the maximum clipping already with distortions.
Black: low quality picture - you can move this around and even "software tilt" up to 90 degree.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
http://www.digitalsirup.com

Sweet and delicious apps for your drones.

brwn
Newcomer
Drone Type: Bebop 2
Has thanked: 0

Re: 90 degree pics

Post by brwn » 26 Oct 2018, 12:38

Thanks for the quick reply, that makes sense. May I ask if you have any recommendations for a software to de-fisheye? I'm currently used the preset on Lightroom.