Modified FreeFlight 2.4.10 APK with game controller support

iOS Apps and Games for the AR.Drone. General Android discussions.

What should be the X button "secret feature"?

absolute control toggle
16%
return home
53%
map view
No votes
flat trim
No votes
emergency
26%
other (post your suggestion below)
5%

Total votes: 19

krfanning
Ready for take off
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2

Re: Modified FreeFlight 2.4.10 APK with full controller supp

Postby krfanning » 29 Apr 2016, 23:57

Darklo wrote:Hey Eric, I'm glad you like it :D

Regarding ps3 controller, I don't own one, so I can't say for sure. I remember reading somewhere that your device needs to be rooted, but that information might be outdated. Basically, if your controller works in other apps or games natively (i.e., without emulating touchscreen), it should work. (It would work with touchscreen emulation too, but then the official app would work just as well).

Making control smoother is at the top of my list. I'm thinking of using getFlat() method to determine deadzone instead of using a hardcoded value and making the output non-linear. It should improve precision and smoothness at low speeds.
This picture should explain it better:
joystick_curves.gif

Figure 1: joystick response as implemented by Parrot
Figure 2: what it should look like

I am using this app, and a PS3 controller, and most of the functions are enabled. It flies well...maybe an update for programming the controller our way? Thanks for the app...GREAT JOB!!
One day I will own a REAL drone...

krfanning
Ready for take off

Re: Modified FreeFlight 2.4.10 APK with game controller support

Postby krfanning » 30 Apr 2016, 00:02

Forgot to tell you, the PS3 controller has to be connected to Android via USB to go cable. Go here:
http://buy.thegameklip.com/
Comes with the cable, abd a clip that fastens to the PS3 controller, so you can attach your phone together with the controller easily. Hope this helps,
K
One day I will own a REAL drone...

webvan
Ready for take off

Postby webvan » 10 Jun 2016, 14:35

Ah yes I was wondering if there was an accessory to hold a smartphone. Not cheap at $20 though, might as well by a Mad Catz and have an extra controller...

webvan
Ready for take off

Postby webvan » 11 Jun 2016, 11:04

Been flying a bit more, any chance of the X allowing for the toggle of the "Asbolute" mode ? Could come in handy in case you lose the plot !

l3fty999
Newcomer

Postby l3fty999 » 13 Jun 2016, 21:49

krfanning wrote:Forgot to tell you, the PS3 controller has to be connected to Android via USB to go cable. Go here:
http://buy.thegameklip.com/
Comes with the cable, abd a clip that fastens to the PS3 controller, so you can attach your phone together with the controller easily. Hope this helps,
K

I have a bluetooth PS3 controller that works just great without the cord using the sixaxis controller app. The only thing I needed the cable for was the initial pairing and recharging. And yes, I had to root my tablet to make the controller and sixaxis work.

rikm1
Newcomer

Postby rikm1 » 21 Jun 2016, 07:27

Just want to say a big thankyou for this update. It works great with the Ipega 9023 gamepad and z3 compact tablet.
The whole experience with my ar.drone 2.0 has gone up by 50%.

For those reading this forum for this first time the home +x button is used to connect to your tablet.

thanks again

webvan
Ready for take off

Postby webvan » 21 Jun 2016, 08:02

Great modified app indeed but I've found a few issues :
- sometimes stays stuck on the "loading" screen (before you get the video feed), can't figure out why
- the ARDrone has a "rough" behaviour, especially in "hover on" mode when you let go of the stick. I thought that was normal until I tried the AR.Pro app that offers much smoother flying for some reason. Both apps running on default settings.

CmdrPsyco
Newcomer

Postby CmdrPsyco » 11 Aug 2016, 07:55

A great feature would be - now that the hands are free - a sbs view of the video stream.
I think it should be possible to set up a button for SBS on/off in the preferences in order to use the drone with cardboard or similar.
What do you think about this?

rael81
Newcomer
Drone Type: AR.Drone

Postby rael81 » 13 Oct 2016, 18:08

Hey Darklo, this is great work. I have some questions, because i want to modify an apk with an existing controller support, just changing the controller configuration. Could you send me an email to gw82@arcor.de ?

Thank you so much...

Return to “AR.Drone Apps for Android”