Canada
WastedKnights
Ready for take off
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Hello out there

Post by WastedKnights » 31 Jan 2017, 01:39

Hello folks, I know I'm about a decade late lol but I just entered the drone world! I have been dreaming of having my own drone since they started to be somewhat affordable for the masses. I know I'm about a decade late! lol
I always wanted an RC plane growing up but was to scared of smashing all that money on my first landing! So I had to be satisfied with RC cars and trucks.
As you can probably tell I have much more passion then money! lol
I have 3 teenage kids that have listened to me go on about drones for years, very good kids for listening! lol
Anyway they knew little to nothing about drones but wanted their dad to have one (or maybe just wanted me to shut up about them! lol) so with no knowledge about the subject they chipped in and bought me a chain store toy ( actually less than a toy because it was defective out of the box) I'm not going to list the name because I don't want to bash anyone. But what they did was open the door for me to get something.
I spent days and weeks of research trying to find something within my small budget. I almost clicked the buy button on Amazon but kept away because I was so scared of wasting my money. And I'm glad I did because I found a guy on my local kijiji that had 2 ar2.0 drones for sale. He wanted more for them that my budget allowed but I had 2 things in my favor. It's winter and he needed money. I saw both fly off the ground but it was very windy and we were on concrete so I didn't want him to smash them ( one already had a broken landing foot) I managed to get both for my money! Now I am searching this forum for days trying to soak up some of the knowledge that is in this fine repository!
I wanted to say thank you all for sharing your experience and knowledge!
I am so glad I didn't get stuck with a crappy toy that I may have lost interest in! I know the AR is almost irrelevant with all the new stuff on the market but it's much better than the one I was going to buy from Amazon and it's my first venture into the drone world and I am excited! I can't wait for some decent weather! But this will give me time to get an extra battery or to and a wifi extender!
I also wanted to thank Bob for sending me a welcome message but I couldn't figure out a way to reply to his message?
Anyway once again I want to say thank you for all this information, I am learning a lot! If you ask my wife she will say to much! lol have a great day !

AR.Tommy
Charged up again
Drone Type: Bebop

Re: Hello out there

Post by AR.Tommy » 01 Feb 2017, 14:52

Hello and welcome.
http://www.digitalsirup.com

Sweet and delicious apps for your drones.

WastedKnights
Ready for take off
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Hello out there

Post by WastedKnights » 02 Feb 2017, 23:18

Hello AR Tommy. Thanks for the Welcome! I was getting a little worried that no one flew these anymore.
I asked in another post but didn't get any response so I will ask you here if you don't mind.
Do you know of reputable supplier's that still sell parts for the ar2 ? Most of the links on this board are old and dead.
All I can find are Amazon or eBay, I would much rather deal with an independent supplier so I could build a relationship with them and cut out the middle man so to speak.
Anyway thank you for your time and I appreciate your welcome!
I guess I should let you know I am in Canada but don't mind U.S supplier's if there are none here.