Where do you buy your parts?

Canada
TomFitz
Just flips over
Drone Type: Bebop

Re: Where do you buy your parts?

Post by TomFitz » 28 May 2013, 13:14

Thanks Tom. I'll check them out. PM Hobbycratf doesn't carry much. Last cross I bought took almost 3 weeks to get in. Now I need another one

I have never waited more than 7 days for anything i have ever ordered for one of my hundreds of different rc's from Action pbody . The last cross they ordered in for me was the longest at 6 days direct from horizon hobbies . PM hobby is a nightmare to order from , i still have tons of stuff on order with them , still in their books , from more than 2 years ago . they do not care ... Action will get you one through horizon hobbies in 5 days i will bet on it .
Full Blown Addict - - - Anything RC

TomFitz
Just flips over

Post by TomFitz » 28 May 2013, 13:19

and to answer the main posts question , Horizon Hobbies or any dealer in Canada of Horizon Hobbies or online at HH . Easy and fast , a good store will order once or more a week and get parts to you fast . no offence but much faster than most ive found overseas etc . Again , no offence to the guys on here with stores . great service also im sure as ive found in the past ordering from them places as well . To all the drone part carrying places , thanks and keep up the great work .

*edit** saw your after some aftermarket parts , sorry i shoulda read closer . only stock parts at HH . Parrot parts .

pbody2013
Serious flight time

Post by pbody2013 » 28 May 2013, 20:07

Thanks Tom. I'll be in city tomorrow so I may check them out. I'd like a new cross but idrone is bringing out the first aftermarket unit and it looks great, so I'm thinking I will wait on that. The drone flies fairly well with the repaired one but I can't totally trust it of course.
"It seems to be flying alright, but it's making a funny noise"

TomFitz
Just flips over

Post by TomFitz » 29 May 2013, 01:03

Yeah i have repaired a few with mixed success . One caused a heck of a crash but it was fun watching .

After market cross hey ?? sounds interesting . I always hoped someone would successfully make a stronger cross . I have many that can pretty much interchange halves with each other , they broke in the exact place every time .
going out to try and get some storm shots tonight north of Calgary . Never tried it before and am real curious as to the effects the barometric crap is going to have on it . I may need a new cross too after this hahaaa . All part of the fun ...

By the way , did you order or get a 60beat yet pbody ? I am seriously wanting one but cant find one to buy here . Maybe get a canada group buy going to save on shipping : )

TomFitz
Just flips over

Post by TomFitz » 29 May 2013, 01:11

I wrapped mine in fly tying thread in both directions and then dropped CA glue onto the thread , lasted a good while until i went flip crazy one day at about 90 feet up or so . they spin out of control real neat when the cross breaks during a flip or similar move . . . . SPLASH into the elbow river behind the saddledome :lol:

What is most people attempting to repair them with ? I haven't seen any posts about it yet .

pbody2013
Serious flight time

Post by pbody2013 » 29 May 2013, 03:00

The cross will be available from idrone soon. He has a thread on it. Most guys use zip ties to hold it together, as do I with some epoxy. It's strong but the important part is getting it nice and straight before cinching everything up. The 60Beat is available from Kyle also a member here lol. Here's the link's to idrone and Kyle.
http://www.i-drone.me/index.php/reviews" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://centralusdronesales.ecrater.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"It seems to be flying alright, but it's making a funny noise"