Intro / Advice please

Australia
Timoz
Newcomer
Drone Type: AR.Drone

Intro / Advice please

Post by Timoz » 25 Aug 2017, 02:48

Hi All, first post.

I am looking to buy my first drone. I am a professional photographer but my type of work doesn't call for drone shots...yet :)

But I am wanting to buy a drone for a bit of fun and predominantly holiday pics. We are going on a sailing holiday soon and I would love to be able to get some shots of the yacht/small tropical islands with a drone.

My wish list is as follows;

Under $500
USB or 12v(car charger) charging for drone and controller I need to be able to charge with no mains power source.
Camera, ideally it would have the ability to take a go pro. Otherwise 5mp camera that can point directly downwards.
Headless mode would be good

However if any recommendations differ form the above please feel free to advise.

Thanks!
Tim

AR.Tommy
Charged up again
Drone Type: Bebop

Re: Intro / Advice please

Post by AR.Tommy » 25 Aug 2017, 07:24

Hello and welcome to the board,

the Bebop 2 would basically fit your requirements if you solder your own charging cable to use a RC hobby charger (that connects to a 12V source) like this:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
http://www.digitalsirup.com

Sweet and delicious apps for your drones.

solaris8x86
Thinking of bearings
Drone Type: Bebop 2

Post by solaris8x86 » 25 Aug 2017, 10:37

Timoz wrote:
25 Aug 2017, 02:48
Hi All, first post.

I am looking to buy my first drone. I am a professional photographer but my type of work doesn't call for drone shots...yet :)

But I am wanting to buy a drone for a bit of fun and predominantly holiday pics. We are going on a sailing holiday soon and I would love to be able to get some shots of the yacht/small tropical islands with a drone.

My wish list is as follows;

Under $500
USB or 12v(car charger) charging for drone and controller I need to be able to charge with no mains power source.
Camera, ideally it would have the ability to take a go pro. Otherwise 5mp camera that can point directly downwards.
Headless mode would be good

However if any recommendations differ form the above please feel free to advise.

Thanks!
Tim

Go get a DJI Mavic Pro if you like to be portable, with build in "Go Pro grade" camera and with quality for filming if you budget permits.
Go get a Gopro drone if you prefer to mount a Go Pro on your own. But it could be crash in the same day you fly.
Bebop 2 is not designed for taking exception picture or movie. On movie quality, it has to be post-processed a lot in order to obtain a fairly ok quality. But if you intend to fly around piloting. Then it is good because it requires skill to pilot.
Advancing Bebop 2 to Router Mod with deep explanation: http://youtu.be/cumh4VZonVE
Bebop 2 Flight Record #0010 Finale (must watch): http://youtu.be/1pNyMSKwWaQ

Bobrobot1
Up and hovering
Drone Type: Bebop 2

Post by Bobrobot1 » 06 Sep 2017, 03:03

The Bebop 2 fits all requirements except for charging.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD.

Just kidding! I use my Mac! :)

Keep looking up!