Login to disable ads!

2 Miles with the Quad

Problems of AR Drone 2.0, Freeflight 2, Flight Recorder GPS, Qgroundcontrol... etc.
Spyderarm
Ready for take off
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

2 Miles with the Quad

Post by Spyderarm » 12 Jul 2014, 00:31

Sadly, this will probably be my last post on this forum. You guys have been great. I got started with the Parrot and flew it and the TBS Discovery for a long time. Now I have to leave the Parrot behind and move on, but I'll always remember that this was the bird that got me started in an easy and friendly way and I'll always recommend it in the future.

I wanted to do one final post to show the guys here some possibilities. This distance test shows the capabilities of various pieces of equipment that can sometimes be adapted to the Parrot. This was in Montana - a one-mile low to the ground test trying to find a target vehicle for close observation, and a longer distance two-mile test higher up.

EDITED DISTANCE TEST: http://youtu.be/FhtRrFIg9tA

Thanks to all. Feel free to post comments and questions.
Spyderarm - Los Angeles

Maverick107
Technical flight skills
Drone Type: Jumping Sumo

Re: 2 Miles with the Quad

Post by Maverick107 » 13 Jul 2014, 16:40

So why are you leaving here no matter what you fly there is always a place for you here!

garrock
I've been hit!!

Post by garrock » 13 Jul 2014, 17:13

Spider.. don't loose your ARDFF password. Check in from time to time.
DroneMod.com --- Worlds first two-drone system: Repeater-Helper and Camera-Worker drones ! --- http://www.REDbirdRF.com

Spyderarm
Ready for take off

Post by Spyderarm » 13 Jul 2014, 22:17

Garrock - I'm a big fan - you've helped me a lot. Thanks for the thoughts about leaving - I just feel bad posting most of my stuff with the Discovery and using it more and more as I advance in this hobby. I found a young flier (my spotter on this flight) that wants to get into the hobby so I'm giving him my Parrot, so I won't even be an official Parrot flier anymore, so I didn't know if I should do any more posting here. But I always have a soft spot for the craft that I started with - my AR Drone.
Spyderarm - Los Angeles