Login to disable ads!

Flyaways? Myth?

Problems of AR Drone 2.0, Freeflight 2, Flight Recorder GPS, Qgroundcontrol... etc.
DaZa
I've been hit!!
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Flyaways? Myth?

Post by DaZa » 19 Feb 2013, 02:53

Jhawk19 wrote:
DaZa wrote:In DroneAce it's known as relaxed mode.... normal mode is with hoverlock on... relaxed mode is it without.
So can you fly at night or low light in "relaxed mode"?
Yep :)

krandrew
Newcomer

Post by krandrew » 13 Jun 2014, 13:33

I know this is old thread, but I just bought AR Drone 2.0 and haven't tried it outdoors yet as the wind was too strong, but now I have read about all of those flyaway issues and I am scared this would happen to me. I cannot find an answer - is this problem fixed now in June 2014? Most of the testimonies about those cases date back to 2012, max 2013. Does anybody know if something has changed in this matter? And has Parrot started to explain what was/is happening that those drones tend to escape?

bobasbury
Just flips over

Post by bobasbury » 14 Jun 2014, 11:42

In the year+ that I flew my Parrot, I had ONE flyaway. It was unquestionably due to wind.
You can't beat your brain for entertainment.

Musicman
Strange wobble

Post by Musicman » 19 Jun 2014, 09:16

I've had my drone since December 2012, have been flying it a LOT. and never encountered it.
Just stay at a comfortable hight, not higher, don't push it to the limit.
It's a crazy feeling we can't control, the sound of freedom called Rock N Roll!

DWTMdronePhoto
Battery Charged

Post by DWTMdronePhoto » 15 Sep 2014, 08:16

I too am potentially looking at getting a 2.0 but have been somewhat scared into rethinking due to reports of the "fly away" problem.

On another board I was told that without modding it that it was pretty much guaranteed to fly away at some point.

I don't really plan to mod it at all, and really my favorite part is the tablet/iphone controls and I don't want to lose that.

Any suggestions? I have read the entire thread, will an extended or repeater still allow me to use the tablet/iphone? I'm nervous, I am really interested in picking this up as a new hobby, but being that I was in a pretty bad accident a few months back and can't work for a while (partially why my family wants me to pick up a new hobby- I can't do much) $300 is a lot of money to watch float away into nothing.

Thanks in advance and sorry for ultra noob questions!

Musicman
Strange wobble

Post by Musicman » 15 Sep 2014, 10:17

Sorry to use the words, but it's complete bullshit that it is guaranteed to encounter a fly-away.
Like i wrote earlier, i had mine since december 2012 flew a LOT with it, never evncountered anything that even comes close.
As long as you don't push it's limits and not fly like an idiot.

The only time it flew away was when i sold it and i bought a phantom...... (not a fly away, the new owner took it.)

Don't be afraid for stories, just get it and enjoy the hell out of it, because its an amazing gadget!!

CawCaw
Battery Charged

Post by CawCaw » 23 Dec 2014, 12:40

I've got an AR2 coming for Christmas. I'll be a newbie flying this so my plan while coming to grips with height and distance is to tether it with nylon fishing line.
I take it this machine will have enough grunt to pull whatever distance's worth (30 metres or so I guess)?

Is this a cunning plan or just plane stupid? :)

Musicman
Strange wobble

Post by Musicman » 23 Dec 2014, 16:50

I'm going with plane stupid.
Attatching any line will result into crashes. That line will go in your blades.
How about, dont fly to high, fast, far and crazy for the first couple of month untill you feel what it does and how it flies.
Thats the best way.

VE5MDH
Ready for take off

Post by VE5MDH » 03 Jan 2015, 06:30

In FreeFlight Settings, just set your altitude to 3m or 4m (something real small). On my maiden flight, the wind started to drift my Drone to a fence. I was able to walk over to it and just pull it from the sky, from the bottom. Then I just hit EMERGENCY on the iPad, which of course turns off the blades.

K.I.S.S. until you are able to understand how it works, and your comfy with it!

Michael

Stormswift
Battery Charged

Post by Stormswift » 11 Jan 2015, 03:03

Not a flyaway but we did get stuck on a tree. It was Udi practice drone. It spent the night in a tree. We came for it with kiddie slingshot that fires safe arrows up to 100ft. We tied fishing line to arrow, got it on a branch above stuck Udi, pulled hard on the line and drone was back with in 5 minutes. The cost of contraption was under $25.00.. It is now our drone emergency retrieval kit
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

papuasu
Newcomer

Post by papuasu » 24 Jan 2015, 16:19

The Best Drone Reviews and Comparisons Site check it here : http://pickyourdrone.com/