Login to disable ads!

switching devices

Problems of AR Drone 2.0, Freeflight 2, Flight Recorder GPS, Qgroundcontrol... etc.
one1
Battery Charged
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

switching devices

Post by one1 » 15 May 2019, 20:28

I'm going to try and make this simple, even though nothing is........

I have an a Drone 2.0 Elite that I bought yesterday brand new. I paired it with my ipad (latest 6th gen) and the 2.4 free flight software from the app store. All is well. zero issue, works great.

Today I try and use it with my iPhone X, refuses to connect to wifi.

Things you need to know.....

1- I have a proper and correct IP address, that suggests it is not paired to the ipad.
2- iPad free flight app says pairing is OFF.
3- all lights green on Drone and ready to go.
4- All software is current.
5- simply refuses to pair with the iPhone X.

There is no unpair button on the latest 2.0 Elite and I have not found any way to do so via tricks with holding reset button or otherwise.

I'm a Mac.... everything I have from my iphone, ipad, imac, macbook is apple. That's what I have to work with. I'm capable of SSH hacking if someone can help me gain access to the Drone and upload a firmware update I downloaded, maybe that'll help? I use CyberDucky and Transmit.

one1
Battery Charged

Re: switching devices

Post by one1 » 16 May 2019, 02:05

I searched the interweb for hours and NEVER did I see this issue resolved the way I did. I'm putting the resolution here incase others have the issue. Until I turned off cellular data, it refused to connect. Since T-Mobile has wifi calling, I suspect that certain carriers have an issue with running cellular on their phone and using this app. First I turned the cellular switch off completely and it worked. Then I turned it back on and turned off cellular in the AR Flight app ONLY and it still worked.

Wifi and Cellular seem to have some issue on this particular case so for anyone else this is an iPhone X and T-Mobile service, which has WiFi Calling software. Somehow this creates an issue.

SO onto another issue, I'd like to be able to SSH into my Drone. What are the settings to gain shell access? I know at one time a security report said there was no password and port 23 was open (and 21). I don't know if there is a name? Anyway, need SSH details if anyone has them. Thanks!

AR.Tommy
Serious flight time
Drone Type: Bebop

Post by AR.Tommy » 16 May 2019, 05:47

Hello and welcome,

if you have paired the AR.Drone to a certain device you need to reset the AR.Drone first to pair it again. To reset it:

Direct link: http://www.youtube.com/v/aFVq9CHqB0k

(video shows an AR.Drone 1, for the AR.Drone Elite you need to simply push the reset button)
http://www.digitalsirup.com

Sweet and delicious apps for your drones.

one1
Battery Charged

Post by one1 » 16 May 2019, 18:25

Ok, so that’s the cut and paste bot? Learning my way around here.

Can my drone be controlled with any other app than free flight? I tried pro and it didn’t work so I’m guessing no.

AR.Tommy
Serious flight time
Drone Type: Bebop

Post by AR.Tommy » 16 May 2019, 19:18

one1 wrote:
16 May 2019, 18:25
Ok, so that’s the cut and paste bot? Learning my way around here.
No, that was me.
one1 wrote:
16 May 2019, 18:25
Can my drone be controlled with any other app than free flight? I tried pro and it didn’t work so I’m guessing no.
Yes there are many apps for the AR.Drone.
http://www.digitalsirup.com

Sweet and delicious apps for your drones.

one1
Battery Charged

Post by one1 » 17 May 2019, 19:02

Great. I’ll look for some. Thanks for the reply!