Made drone play interactive games: boxing, shooting, and Jedi Training so far

Problems of AR Drone 2.0, Freeflight 2, Flight Recorder GPS, Qgroundcontrol... etc.
JuukDrone
Newcomer
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2

Made drone play interactive games: boxing, shooting, and Jedi Training so far

Post by JuukDrone » 17 Feb 2017, 06:04

My friend and I made a new software API that allows the drone to do more interactive type games. We made a Jedi training game:
Image https://www.facebook.com/JuukInc/videos ... 456353841/ And we made a boxing game: https://www.facebook.com/JuukInc/videos ... 046829281/

I also just made a shooting game today that I am calling 'quick draw.'

Would anyone be interested in playing these games if we made an app for them?

_TheWildCat
Newcomer

Re: Made drone play interactive games: boxing, shooting, and Jedi Training so far

Post by _TheWildCat » 19 Feb 2017, 17:53

It looks cool. I would really like to try that out. I would just be a bit scared that the drone would fly away or bump in to stuff.

JuukDrone
Newcomer

Re: Made drone play interactive games: boxing, shooting, and Jedi Training so far

Post by JuukDrone » 21 Feb 2017, 04:58

Thanks for checking it out! We code it to not move any more than in a square meter - that minimizes any potential bumping. We mostly make the drone yaw rather than pitch and roll so that it is safe in the living room of most houses or apartments. From testing so far, the environment matters ALOT. Carpet and hard floors with good lighting have NO problems. On padded floor or when light causes big shadows, that is when we see it going a bit crazy.

WastedKnights
Ready for take off

Post by WastedKnights » 22 Feb 2017, 01:29

That is absolutely brilliant! I love the idea of Jedi training. Do you have to have a specific light saber or would any type of similar shaped object work?
Really nice work. I would give it a go!