Login to disable ads!

Skycontroller 2 battery charger?

Questions and answers about Bebop, Bebop 2 and the Parrot Skycontroller.
larry31
Just flips over
Drone Type: Bebop 2
Has thanked: 0

Skycontroller 2 battery charger?

Post by larry31 » 31 Jan 2019, 22:57

I know this may be a stupid question, but is the battery charger (brick) that came with my Bebop2 package, the same one that is to be used for the Sky controller 2 ?

I got my Bebop 2 for christmas Dec. 2017. it came with the charger.

I just received the FPV pack with Cockpit glasses, and skycontroller 2. No charger in this package.
In the skycontroller package, it had 2 cables.
1st cable is USB to mini usb. (I assume it's to connect the phone/tablet to the skycontroller
2d cable is round bullet conn at one end, and a 4 pin (only 2 actual contacts) rectangular conn. at other end.
This one mates to the charger brick that came with my Bebop 2.

I really don't want to take a chance on damaging the skycontroller, by just using the Bebop's charger, unless it's supposed to be used on the skycontroller too.

waterlanding
Thinking of bearings

Re: Skycontroller 2 battery charger?

Post by waterlanding » 01 Feb 2019, 14:09

You're all set then! Just plug in the SC2 charging cable into your existing Bebop 2 power supply. It's all compatable. :D

If you want a second charger for your SC2, there are many generic chargers on Amazon that work great. The charging/balancing circuitry is built into the SC2.

BTW, (not that it makes a difference for charging) Do you have silver or black joysticks on the new SC2?

larry31
Just flips over
Has thanked: 0

Re: Skycontroller 2 battery charger?

Post by larry31 » 02 Feb 2019, 16:18

It has black joy sticks.
When I tried to charge it, using my Bebop battery charger, the charger light never came on. The led next to socket on controller never came on as well.
(Used cable supplied with controller.)

To make matters worse, I tried to turn the controller on, using it's power button, and it would not come on. If I held the controller's power button for a few seconds, it would light up, but go back off as soon as I let up on the button.

I ended up calling where it was shipped from (Embie Industries/ Deal Nation, via Amazon.com)
They supplied me with pre-paid shipping label, and it went back to them yesterday.
Waiting to see if they send a new one, and if it works any better.

From what I've read in comments here, it seems like the Parrot products don't perform very well? I really hope that's not the case, as I do like the Bebop, "when it's working right".