Login to disable ads!

Does anybody know how I can find out what product version Number sky controller 2 that I have?

Questions and answers about Bebop, Bebop 2 and the Parrot Skycontroller.
Benny1492
Battery Charged
Drone Type: Bebop 2
Been thanked: 0

Does anybody know how I can find out what product version Number sky controller 2 that I have?

Post by Benny1492 » 06 Jan 2019, 22:08

Trying to figure out if I have the first second third or fourth version of sky controller 2 that I have? I may try to buy a mod for it but I need to find out what version I have before I even think about that part.

waterlanding
Thinking of bearings

Re: Does anybody know how I can find out what product version Number sky controller 2 that I have?

Post by waterlanding » 06 Jan 2019, 23:53

Benny1492 wrote:
06 Jan 2019, 22:08
Trying to figure out if I have the first second third or fourth version of sky controller 2 that I have? I may try to buy a mod for it but I need to find out what version I have before I even think about that part.
Is it 14" wide and weighs a couple of pounds? That's an SC1.
(https://www.bing.com/images/search?view ... &eim=1,2,6). The colored ones use a Bebop 1 battery, the Black edition uses a Bebop 2 battery.

Is it smaller with silver Joysticks and "A" and "B" buttons? That's an SC2. Open the battery compartment and you should see a long flat battery.
(https://www.bing.com/images/search?view ... &eim=1,2,6)

Same size, but with Black Joysticks? That's a SC2p (Power Edition). The smaller cylindrical battery is a little too small and doesn't hold a charge as well.

Sleek, with only two buttons on top and joysticks? That's an SC3.

The SC1, SC2, and SC2p all work with the Bebop, Bebop 2, and Bebop 2 Power Edition.
The SC3 is specific to the Anafli and won't work with a Bebop 2

Benny1492
Battery Charged

Re: Does anybody know how I can find out what product version Number sky controller 2 that I have?

Post by Benny1492 » 07 Jan 2019, 06:13

The reason I was asking is I was thinking about getting a skyshit mod for the skyController 2 And if I have the third version there’s no soldering to do which will make it a much easier mod to install, that’s why I was asking. My SkyController 2’s serial number is P10409AC7B147695, It’s a used controller so dumb version looks like it says 4 but it’s partially rubbed off On the very back of the control with the serial number is, not sure if you’re able to tell with the serial number but I stuck it in there just in case. Thanks in advance if someone can tell me this info

Benny1492
Battery Charged

Post by Benny1492 » 07 Jan 2019, 21:19

OK I got it so it looks like I’ll have to do some soldering if I decide to buy one of the skyshit2 controller mod kits fema bebop 2 set up...

Apolonio
Ready for take off
Has thanked: 0

Post by Apolonio » 08 Jan 2019, 22:49

Good luck with the Solaris Skycontroller 2 models mod, yes you’ll need to do some soldering and cut four trace lines.

I’m using both type of controllers for this same mod, SCP2 is easier and auctually enhances reception over the other controller 2 models. Has two larger antennas versus four small antennas with the square battery type, still the mods are an improvement with either type controller used.

Keep us posted if you complete the mods, take care.

Paul