Skycontroller 1 not connecting to Bepop2

Questions and answers about Bebop, Bebop 2 and the Parrot Skycontroller.
Jack022569
Newcomer
Drone Type: Bebop 2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Skycontroller 1 not connecting to Bepop2

Post by Jack022569 » 03 Jan 2019, 17:10

Hi!

I’ve bought a Skycontroller 1 and it will connect to my phone but not the drone. I changed the WiFi channel and the camera came on for 2 minutes but none of the controls worked.

The WiFi signal strength comes on as 4 bright LEDs on the bottom left of the skycontroller.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

waterlanding
Up and hovering

Re: Skycontroller 1 not connecting to Bepop2

Post by waterlanding » 04 Jan 2019, 01:39

From your pictures, It looks like all you need to do is hit "Connect" next to your drone name on the connection list (your 4th picture). If it doesn't connect within a minute, hit "Forget" next to the drone name, wait a minute, and try hitting "Connect" again.

Other things to check. Look at every phone/tablet within wifi range that you may have connected to the drone sometime in the past. If another device connects to the drone's wifi first you'll show a connection with the SkyController, but you'll have no control or video - the very symptom you describe... :ugeek:

Jack022569
Newcomer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Skycontroller 1 not connecting to Bepop2

Post by Jack022569 » 04 Jan 2019, 13:36

Thanks for the reply! I’ve tried pressing connect and putting all my other devices into flight mode.

However, when I press ‘connect’ the drop down menu with all the WiFi networks shows up and doesn’t actually connect :cry: