Bebop 2 no more.

Questions and answers about Bebop, Bebop 2 and the Parrot Skycontroller.
Soulcommander
Battery Charged
Drone Type: Bebop 2
Been thanked: 0

Bebop 2 no more.

Post by Soulcommander » 29 Dec 2018, 20:38

Have you all heard the Bebop 2 is no longer being made and the Parrot Store in the USA has closed down. Parts are getting hard to find already.

AR.Tommy
Serious flight time
Drone Type: Bebop

Re: Bebop 2 no more.

Post by AR.Tommy » 29 Dec 2018, 21:45

Hello and welcome,

Any source? Or just "trust me"?
http://www.digitalsirup.com

Sweet and delicious apps for your drones.

Soulcommander
Battery Charged

Post by Soulcommander » 30 Dec 2018, 01:15

Yes, its a long story actually...….
I got my Bebop 2 FPV kit from Best Buy for Xmas...The product looked different when I got into the box than what BB had on display and the picture on the box as well. I had Power accessories in the box except the drone was the standard version black and white...no Standard Black and white controller or goggles or drone battery. In this case the drone was black and white but everything else was Power accessories. So Of course I called Parrot and at first they did not believe me thinking I had all Power version. After the 4th call to them over a period of days I got a Parrot person ( I will leave his name out) who told me all my accessories are the same and no difference from standard and Power. I laughed at him and asked him then why is the controller all black with a lower operating voltage and 2 large antennas instead of 4 smaller ones and a battery that is cylindrical 500 Mah vs a 2700 Mah rectangle....Well then I got right to the point....Did you package what you had more of to sell off everything because the Bebop 2 is not longer being made. The answer I got was you are correct the Bebop 2 production has stopped. And its possible that is why you got Power Acc. with your standard Bebop 2 drone.....Another day goes by and I call again...…………..

I spoke to Parrot and was asking some important questions for Bebop and Anafi drones, Here is what I found out. The USA store has in (Joes) words been decommissioned. I was advised at first that Ebay has a store for Parrot when I asked what the name of it was I was placed on hold and then told they do not have a store on Ebay. I was then told Amazon and radio Shack as well as Best Buy are the stores. We all KNOW Radio Shack is NO more in most cities anyway. And Best Buy does not carry Parts, for the most part..... And I told him Amazon is referring a lot of parts for the Bebop to 3rd party sellers. SO BUYER BEWARE... Even the Anafi I was told will only be taken care of in the USA by exchange or replacement. NO PART availability. So in other words if you are under warrantee and it is determined by Parrot after sending in you drone etc that it failed because of manufacturer defect it would then be taken care of. I am an investigative reporter (my background) so I ask a lot of questions..... and I was totally blown away by this! I bet you are too! Go to the Parrot USA store and try to buy something you can't. Best Buy Corporate is who I called next. They were not aware of this and I really did emphasize letting your customers know that it is a discontinued model......so everyone can make a logical choice to buy or not....Parts are getting harder to find too.

scott511
Ready for take off

Post by scott511 » 30 Dec 2018, 02:34

Hello all, my 1st post here.
I can say for sure that I could not purchase anything from the parrot store yesterday.
It showed all the accessories and spare parts, but only a "discover" button. No way to purchase

Soulcommander
Battery Charged

Post by Soulcommander » 30 Dec 2018, 04:07

Hey Scott sooner or later everyone will find out for themselves. As a 59 year old guy I find it so utterly hilarious that I was booted off the Parrot Pilots forum because the moderator must have been scared of my post and booted me for spamming....LOL All I am doing is letting new owners like myself with a Bebop 2 to think twice and check things out first before its to late. Many people have chose to take their Bebop 2 back to the store. I want to keep mine but I want something done in return for the deception and Parrot not informing stores like Best Buy about this.

AR.Tommy
Serious flight time
Drone Type: Bebop

Post by AR.Tommy » 30 Dec 2018, 11:19

Soulcommander wrote:
30 Dec 2018, 01:15
Yes, its a long story actually...….
I got my Bebop 2 FPV kit from Best Buy for Xmas...The product looked different when I got into the box than what BB had on display and the picture on the box as well. ...They were not aware of this and I really did emphasize letting your customers know that it is a discontinued model......so everyone can make a logical choice to buy or not....Parts are getting harder to find too.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Well, everything is fine in the EU stores, therefore I can not confirm this. Also Amazon orders possible.

You are right with the somewhat discontinued model, because the focus of course for now is the Anafi. But the AR.Drone is also a discontinued model and you still can buy it and also parts.

The price-performance ratio for the Bebop is great at the current levels and I personally don't see "Bebop 2 no more" in the near future.
Soulcommander wrote:
30 Dec 2018, 04:07
...Many people have chose to take their Bebop 2 back to the store...
Any source for this claim?
http://www.digitalsirup.com

Sweet and delicious apps for your drones.

scott511
Ready for take off

Post by scott511 » 30 Dec 2018, 21:41

Well, this doesn`t look good at all.
I broke my central cross a few weeks ago.
Went to the Parrot store to try to order one. No dice. They were not available.
They were listed at $12 but none in stock.
Went to amazon. They had one, but for $18.
No problem cause i needed one.
Just now checked amazon. Only one for sale is for $69.99+4.99 shipping.

Razor
Newcomer
Has thanked: 0

Post by Razor » 30 Dec 2018, 22:18

That's just great. I just got my Bebop 2 and lodged it in a tree on my first flight. Typical newbie mistake. I hit l "Land" instead of "return to home" before I realized what I'd done wrong, it crashed. GPS put me on it but I can't locate it. Assuming that it's in the treetops.
So,... I went online today to buy a new one and guess what.... Turns out the only ones that I could find were open box or used ones.
Now what?
If this is true that they're not going to sell them in the US anymore I'll be forced to consider a different brand.

scott511
Ready for take off

Post by scott511 » 30 Dec 2018, 22:35

I love my bebop 2 and will keep it. But I can't afford to buy central crosses for $75 either. My guess is that Parrot is going to be focusing mostly on Anafi.
I don't have anything to back that up, except for what I've seen on the central cross. I just know that I won't spend more for bebop 2 repairs that what I paid for it.

Soulcommander
Battery Charged

Post by Soulcommander » 31 Dec 2018, 18:40

Razor wrote:
30 Dec 2018, 22:18
I went online today to buy a new one and guess what.... Turns out the only ones that I could find were open box or used ones.
Now what?
If this is true that they're not going to sell them in the US anymore I'll be forced to consider a different brand.
You don't have to believe me but I got the information Directly from Parrot. And the USA store is as in their words "Been decommissioned" I can only speculate the UK will be next as Parrot intends to leave the consumer market drones. Sad but true.

Soulcommander
Battery Charged

Post by Soulcommander » 31 Dec 2018, 19:58

AR.Tommy wrote:
30 Dec 2018, 11:19
Soulcommander wrote:
30 Dec 2018, 01:15

You are right with the somewhat discontinued model, because the focus of course for now is the Anafi. But the AR.Drone is also a discontinued model and you still can buy it and also parts.

The price-performance ratio for the Bebop is great at the current levels and I personally don't see "Bebop 2 no more" in the near future.
Soulcommander wrote:
30 Dec 2018, 04:07
...Many people have chose to take their Bebop 2 back to the store...
Any source for this claim?
Well the AR is no longer sold is what the Parrot official sight says right....and yes its available on Amazon (from Amazon) most likely because they were not as popular and they have stock. You search for the Bebop 2 or 2 power and Amazon has 3rd party sellers but still the fact remains the product is not being manufactured. You asked for source for the claim I already posted that. The source is directly from Parrot and also as of Late a Parrot tester has confirmed this as well. You may need to speak with them yourself. You may not get an answer...they do not come forth with that information easily. Almost like they do not want the public to know. Thats the feeling I got after numerous calls.

Razor
Newcomer
Has thanked: 0

Post by Razor » 01 Jan 2019, 00:21

Soulcommander wrote:
31 Dec 2018, 18:40
Razor wrote:
30 Dec 2018, 22:18
I went online today to buy a new one and guess what.... Turns out the only ones that I could find were open box or used ones.
Now what?
You don't have to believe me but I got the information Directly from Parrot. And the USA store is as in their words "Been decommissioned" I can only speculate the UK will be next as Parrot intends to leave the consumer market drones. Sad but true.

Damn! That makes today's victory a little less sweet. With the help of a good friend we located the Bebop 2. We were going to try to use his Phantom to dislodge it but the anti-collision system wouldn't allow him to manuever an improvised coat hanger hook into position.
We stood there scratching our heads when I had a brainstorm. I drove home and grabbed my Vulcan air rifle. It's a tack driver. I returned to the scene and repeatedly shot the supporting branch from beneath the drone. After several dozen shots the branch gave way and released the Bebop 2.
One new prop, a factory reset and recalibration. She's good as new. But allas it looks like I bought the wrong brand. No more customer support means I'd better start saving now for a DJI.

asmith61
Just flips over

Post by asmith61 » 01 Jan 2019, 02:33

Hi
What a great way to retrieve the BB2 👏👏 glad you got it back with so little damage :D

Having only just repaired mine after a crash it is sad news to hear they are no longer making the BB2 😩

scott511
Ready for take off

Post by scott511 » 01 Jan 2019, 06:14

Just don't break a central cross!
Screenshot_20181231-230834_Samsung Internet.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

scott511
Ready for take off

Post by scott511 » 01 Jan 2019, 06:19

It was $18 3 weeks ago
Now $98.99