Login to disable ads!

Bebop 2 booting problem

Questions and answers about Bebop, Bebop 2 and the Parrot Skycontroller.
Post Reply
Artis
Newcomer
Posts: 3
Joined: 29 Dec 2018, 11:56
Drone Type: Bebop 2
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0

Bebop 2 booting problem

Post by Artis » 29 Dec 2018, 12:04

When I press the start button, the fan turns on for 2 seconds and the light just flashes slowly for unlimited amount of time. The drone doesn't boot up. Where is a problem?

User avatar
waterlanding
Thinking of bearings
Posts: 177
Joined: 11 Nov 2017, 18:01
Drone Type: Bebop 2
Has thanked: 33 times
Been thanked: 54 times

Re: Bebop 2 booting problem

Post by waterlanding » 30 Dec 2018, 13:51

Artis wrote:
29 Dec 2018, 12:04
When I press the start button, the fan turns on for 2 seconds and the light just flashes slowly for unlimited amount of time. The drone doesn't boot up. Where is a problem?
Try pressing and HOLDING the button for 15 seconds to trigger a full reset. Then wait about 2 minutes as the drone goes through it's reset cycle. You should see the light come on. blink, go off, on, blink, and finally become stable after a couple minutes unless you have a serious hardware problem. Just be sure to give it time for the whole cycle to complete.

Artis
Newcomer
Posts: 3
Joined: 29 Dec 2018, 11:56
Drone Type: Bebop 2
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bebop 2 booting problem

Post by Artis » 31 Dec 2018, 13:29

waterlanding wrote:
30 Dec 2018, 13:51
Artis wrote:
29 Dec 2018, 12:04
When I press the start button, the fan turns on for 2 seconds and the light just flashes slowly for unlimited amount of time. The drone doesn't boot up. Where is a problem?
Try pressing and HOLDING the button for 15 seconds to trigger a full reset. Then wait about 2 minutes as the drone goes through it's reset cycle. You should see the light come on. blink, go off, on, blink, and finally become stable after a couple minutes unless you have a serious hardware problem. Just be sure to give it time for the whole cycle to complete.
After holding the button drone turns off and goes back on and the light just starts blinking again. After like 15 minutes of waiting the light is still blinking.

User avatar
waterlanding
Thinking of bearings
Posts: 177
Joined: 11 Nov 2017, 18:01
Drone Type: Bebop 2
Has thanked: 33 times
Been thanked: 54 times

Re: Bebop 2 booting problem

Post by waterlanding » 01 Jan 2019, 13:52

Artis wrote:
31 Dec 2018, 13:29
After holding the button drone turns off and goes back on and the light just starts blinking again. After like 15 minutes of waiting the light is still blinking.
Does the drone's wifi show up on your phone? Can you connect to it?
If you can, open Freeflight Pro and click on the drone's name. Scroll down and check for motor errors.

ferselami
Newcomer
Posts: 4
Joined: 05 Jan 2019, 19:18
Drone Type: Bebop 2
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Bebop 2 booting problem

Post by ferselami » 05 Jan 2019, 19:26

in this situation drone does not connect to phone and it is not posible to reset in factory seting . these are after normal booting :cry: :cry:

User avatar
waterlanding
Thinking of bearings
Posts: 177
Joined: 11 Nov 2017, 18:01
Drone Type: Bebop 2
Has thanked: 33 times
Been thanked: 54 times

Re: Bebop 2 booting problem

Post by waterlanding » 06 Jan 2019, 19:34

ferselami wrote:
05 Jan 2019, 19:26
in this situation drone does not connect to phone and it is not posible to reset in factory seting . these are after normal booting :cry: :cry:
There are a lot of boot failure which will cause the light to blink, and some aren't fatal.
Example: If there's a motor error it will cause the light to blink, but you can still connect.
That's why I suggested "Artis" check and see if his drone has wifi, which could really help to narrow down the problem.

Artis
Newcomer
Posts: 3
Joined: 29 Dec 2018, 11:56
Drone Type: Bebop 2
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bebop 2 booting problem

Post by Artis » 06 Jan 2019, 19:41

I can't see wi-fi on this stage.

ferselami
Newcomer
Posts: 4
Joined: 05 Jan 2019, 19:18
Drone Type: Bebop 2
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Bebop 2 booting problem

Post by ferselami » 14 Jan 2019, 11:06

yes i see bebop wifi on my telephone ! but they are not connet to each others . i changed 4 motores but no any change .
CAn i disconect GPS for testing or after that light continue to flashing ?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests