Login to disable ads!

Confused. Happy but confused.

Questions and answers about Bebop, Bebop 2 and the Parrot Skycontroller.
jimmid
Ready for take off
Drone Type: Bebop 2

Confused. Happy but confused.

Post by jimmid » 23 Dec 2018, 08:28

Hi. Ordered my Bebop2 FPV and just received it day before yesterday. I have watched a lot of videos on Bebop2 fpv and Bebop2 Power but when I unpacked it I found 1. It had the new FPV Goggles, 2. It had the blue / yellow coloured stickers on the blades and plastic covers on the motors corosponding (2 black 2 white blades). 3. It had a 3350 mha HD battery and matching plug for the charger. 4. The power button light is blue.
It is black and white and box says Bebop2 but it has the HD battery and a blue light which the power has. It flys great and very happy with it, but just confused. Are all the FPV versions coming like this?

waterlanding
Thinking of bearings

Re: Confused. Happy but confused.

Post by waterlanding » 23 Dec 2018, 18:25

jimmid wrote:
23 Dec 2018, 08:28
Hi. Ordered my Bebop2 FPV and just received it day before yesterday. I have watched a lot of videos on Bebop2 fpv and Bebop2 Power but when I unpacked it I found 1. It had the new FPV Goggles, 2. It had the blue / yellow coloured stickers on the blades and plastic covers on the motors corosponding (2 black 2 white blades). 3. It had a 3350 mha HD battery and matching plug for the charger. 4. The power button light is blue.
It is black and white and box says Bebop2 but it has the HD battery and a blue light which the power has. It flys great and very happy with it, but just confused. Are all the FPV versions coming like this?
Off-hand, if you have a blue light and a 3350 battery it's pretty much a given that you have a Bebop 2 Power Edition drone.

There's a data plate on the drone (right where the battery goes) which should tell you which model drone you have. And there's info on the bottom of the battery itself which should identify the battery type.

jimmid
Ready for take off

Post by jimmid » 23 Dec 2018, 21:36

Here's some pictures
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

waterlanding
Thinking of bearings

Post by waterlanding » 24 Dec 2018, 00:49

jimmid wrote:
23 Dec 2018, 21:36
Here's some pictures
Well, that's a game changer. According to the data plates, you definitely have an original Bebop 2 charger and a Bebop 2 drone. However... They sent you a Bebop 2 Power Edition Battery! Parrot's been having some supply-chain problems with their batteries. That's probably why.

The charger will charge your PE battery just fine, but only to the level of a normal Bebop 2 battery (12.6 volts). Because it's a 3350 mah battery, you'll still have as much flight time (or more!) as a standard battery. A PE battery is perfectly safe to use with the standard Bebop 2 drone and charger. :)

jimmid
Ready for take off

Post by jimmid » 24 Dec 2018, 00:59

It shows up fully charged in Freeflight pro. 100%. Also, how come the blue light? Don't Bebop2 have a red light?

waterlanding
Thinking of bearings

Post by waterlanding » 24 Dec 2018, 14:05

jimmid wrote:
24 Dec 2018, 00:59
It shows up fully charged in Freeflight pro. 100%. Also, how come the blue light? Don't Bebop2 have a red light?
FreeFlight Pro on a standard Bebop 2 will declare 100% charge at 12.6 volts - the same voltage as the output of your standard charger. The PE battery can be pushed to 13.02 volts, but you won't need to to get the full flight time.

Blue light: The switch assembly with the light is a separate piece from the motherboard. When it first came out, blue indicated a Bebop 2PE, but now I think they may use it on multiple (if not all) models. Parrot's fallen on some hard times lately and may be mixing and matching any compatible parts they have on hand. :?:

Merry Christmas, my friend!

jimmid
Ready for take off

Post by jimmid » 24 Dec 2018, 20:54

Thanks for that. Merry Christmas to you too.

Johnny2theG
Newcomer
Has thanked: 0

Post by Johnny2theG » 28 Dec 2018, 19:44

I got the FPV Bepob 2 over the holidays as well, and I have the exact same setup as you. New cockpitglasses and the power battery. I noticed when I registered that my drones serial number is recognized as the adventurer pack despite being FPV. I also noticed the follow me feature was free which I chalked up to it being registered as an adventurer, but it sounds like it’s been free for others as well.