Any one have experience with Tech Rabbit? Sky Controller, Wal-Mart

Questions and answers about Bebop, Bebop 2 and the Parrot Skycontroller.
larry31
Just flips over
Drone Type: Bebop 2
Has thanked: 0

Any one have experience with Tech Rabbit? Sky Controller, Wal-Mart

Post by larry31 » 01 Dec 2018, 03:00

I see Wal-Mart, on-line, lists a Sky controller (blue) for $109.99
It's listed as shipped from Tech Rabbit. Tech Rabbit also lists it for same price, and it's labeled as "Refurbished" on their web site.

Questions: Is this a good deal?
Is this company safe to do business with?
Will this Sky Controller work on my Bebop-2, and Galaxy Tab-2?
Last edited by AR.Tommy on 01 Dec 2018, 07:36, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: had to edit the title of the thread.

bebop_cowboy
Battery Charged

Re: Any one have experience with Tech Rabbit? Sky Controller, Wal-Mart

Post by bebop_cowboy » 03 Dec 2018, 00:22

I have Experience with Tech Rabbit. I bought my Parrot Bebop 2 FPV refurbished from there. When i got it although it flies, it was damaged. What many people don't realize is that "Factory Refurbished" doesn't always mean that the manufacturer actually fixed the product. In my case the damage was obvious (cracked cross frame, various left side leg scrapes and two bent chassis pins). The drone flies fine.
I told them of the damage and they asked to send it back. By this time i had flown it several times and decided (i know crazy) to keep it. I told them, "if they supply a cross frame i'd fix it myself." The said "They dont have such parts on hand." It was then that they told me the drones are not sent to the factory for repairs. Refurbished in this case meant that the factory transferred these drones to Tech Rabbit to resell but not necessarily to repair (it's possible mine just slipped through the cracks). I am not upset with Tech Rabbit, because i got -45% discount when i bought it and they also refunded me $25 to replace the Cross frame. So no worries. Most people would of returned the product, but me i grew attached to it and loved it the first time i flew it. Its my first good drone, but for all of what it does its a great buy. I still have to replace the cross frame. 67 flights later and no issues. :) Its also a testament as to how durable the Parrot Bebop 2 is.

I meant to mention that i know this was not refurbished also due to the fact that it had the original Firmware (4.0.3) on it and 13 flights. The drone was manufactured in 2015. If it had gone back to the factory for repair, it would of been updated for test flight (in 2018 version 1.4.1-1.4.7). I imagine that after 13 flights the first owner crashed it badly and returned it while still under warranty (The fault could of been firmware 4.0.3 AKA stalling and shutting off in flight was a common complaint). The serial number I registered with Parrot.com came up it was originally sold as part of the "Adventurer pack" not the FPV pack as i had bought it.

larry31
Just flips over

Post by larry31 » 09 Dec 2018, 23:00

Cowboy:
Thanks for response.
Quote: "(The fault could of been firmware 4.0.3 AKA stalling and shutting off in flight was a common complaint)"

I had my second Bebop do just that in June this year.
( Fall about 25 feet after shutting off. )
They did replace it under warrantee.

waterlanding
Thinking of bearings

Post by waterlanding » 10 Dec 2018, 01:39

larry31 wrote:
09 Dec 2018, 23:00
Cowboy:
Thanks for response.
Quote: "(The fault could of been firmware 4.0.3 AKA stalling and shutting off in flight was a common complaint)"

I had my second Bebop do just that in June this year.
( Fall about 25 feet after shutting off. )
They did replace it under warrantee.
Just for reference, 4.0.3 was horribly buggy. 4.04 fixed it for android devices, but the iOS version would crash regularly until the 4.0.6 update.

Re: Tech Rabbit. They buy returns in bulk from Parrot, test them, and ship them out as "refurbished" (often with no modification). If a drone was returned for a major problem, they'll catch it and fix it. If it's a subtle problem (occasional disconnects for example), they might not catch it in their quick test. :(

That's ok though. If they miss a bug they're pretty good (much better than Parrot!) about replacement. :o

Scootscoot
Battery Charged

Post by Scootscoot » 29 Dec 2018, 19:10

I bought from tech rabbit refurbished via eBay and received bebop2 Skycontroller 2 and two batteries. One of the batteries won’t take a charge. Have yet to fly bb2. Snow and cold. Bb2 looks new.

Happykook
Ready for take off
Been thanked: 0

Post by Happykook » 30 Dec 2018, 14:14

I recently purchased my Bebop 2 from Tech Rabbit.

Came in Brown "Refurbished" Boxes.

Items included:

Bebop 2 with spare set of propellers
Skycontroller 2
FPV Gogglese
charge cables
manual

As soon as i opened up the box i could see that my drone had clearly been crashed as some point, the nose cone had significant scratches, and the batter had a tiny chip on one corner. After logging into the drone via the app, i could see that it had been flown about 90 times for almost 8 hours prior to my purchase.

I have to say though, i've flown it now for about 30 flights and an hour of flight time, and it works great. I did buy a replacement nose cone from parrot, just because ever time i looked at the scratched nose cone it came with it annoyed me!

Scootscoot
Battery Charged

Post by Scootscoot » 01 Jan 2019, 17:09

Thought I would update my purchase from Tech-Rabbit. Found that my bebop 2 had 74 flights before I bought it. However have not found anything “wrong” with it. Had one battery that wouldn’t take charge, but tricked charger by switching fully charged battery to dead batter before green light went out.

Happykook
Ready for take off

Post by Happykook » 15 Jan 2019, 20:48

Looks like something has gone fishy with tech rabbit.

Just went to the site and anything they list you cannot buy from them, they just put a link that takes you to amazon to find the item, none of which are listed as sold by tech rabbit...

larry31
Just flips over

Post by larry31 » 16 Jan 2019, 02:55

Thanks all. Glad I decided not to buy from them.

glasman9
Newcomer

Post by glasman9 » 22 Jan 2019, 19:58

bebop_cowboy wrote:
03 Dec 2018, 00:22
I have Experience with Tech Rabbit. I bought my Parrot Bebop 2 FPV refurbished from there. When i got it although it flies, it was damaged. What many people don't realize is that "Factory Refurbished" doesn't always mean that the manufacturer actually fixed the product. In my case the damage was obvious (cracked cross frame, various left side leg scrapes and two bent chassis pins). The drone flies fine.
I told them of the damage and they asked to send it back. By this time i had flown it several times and decided (i know crazy) to keep it. I told them, "if they supply a cross frame i'd fix it myself." The said "They dont have such parts on hand." It was then that they told me the drones are not sent to the factory for repairs. Refurbished in this case meant that the factory transferred these drones to Tech Rabbit to resell but not necessarily to repair (it's possible mine just slipped through the cracks). I am not upset with Tech Rabbit, because i got -45% discount when i bought it and they also refunded me $25 to replace the Cross frame. So no worries. Most people would of returned the product, but me i grew attached to it and loved it the first time i flew it. Its my first good drone, but for all of what it does its a great buy. I still have to replace the cross frame. 67 flights later and no issues. :) Its also a testament as to how durable the Parrot Bebop 2 is.

I meant to mention that i know this was not refurbished also due to the fact that it had the original Firmware (4.0.3) on it and 13 flights. The drone was manufactured in 2015. If it had gone back to the factory for repair, it would of been updated for test flight (in 2018 version 1.4.1-1.4.7). I imagine that after 13 flights the first owner crashed it badly and returned it while still under warranty (The fault could of been firmware 4.0.3 AKA stalling and shutting off in flight was a common complaint). The serial number I registered with Parrot.com came up it was originally sold as part of the "Adventurer pack" not the FPV pack as i had bought it.

I purchased a refurbished bebop2 from them received it in excellent condition..looked perfect and have been flying it now for about 3 months...love it...

thesoundsmith
Ready for take off

Post by thesoundsmith » 26 Jan 2019, 22:44

I am waiting for a Tech Rabbit eBay BB2 FPV. Sounds like luck of the draw, hopefully, I will get a good one, If not - now I know I can try again and there ARE good ones in the mix. Thanks.

thesoundsmith
Ready for take off

Post by thesoundsmith » 04 Feb 2019, 22:28

BB2 FPV just arrived in a Windsor box.
Looks brand NEW! Can't fly for a few days but I am juiced by the result for $260...