Skycontroller 1 and GoSkyRc SkyBooster

Questions and answers about Bebop, Bebop 2 and the Parrot Skycontroller.
vrjunkie
Ready for take off
Drone Type: Bebop 2
Has thanked: 0

Skycontroller 1 and GoSkyRc SkyBooster

Post by vrjunkie » 26 Sep 2018, 22:31

Group,

I recently purchased a skycontroller 1 (black eddition) and also purchased a skybooster from goskyrc and have some feedback.

Regarding skycontroller 1:
====================
1. Its bigger and works with tablets better.
2. It allows you to use cheap hdmi goggles like the Yuneec SkyView (39.00 on ebay NEW)!
3. It allows you to still have a tablet or phone on the controller while someone else enjoys FPV via HDMI.
4. It also allows you to FPV 2 at a time (and the phone can be stereoscopic FPV) while someone else enjoys flat fpv via hdmi.
5. It also allows you to pilot the drone and have two other people enjoying FPV.
6. You get a bigger longer lasting battery (same as bebop 2)!

Regarding Skyboost:
================
1. You can file off the screw lugs that stick off of the side to get a good fit around the base of your antenna, it's curve makes it fit quite nicely then. Also touching up ground edge with black sharpie makes it look like it was manufactured that way (see photos below).
2. You can then attach the usb power adapter on top of the skybooster for a neat clean fit. (I did not use velcro because of the wobbly attachment and high profile - instead opting for strong double sidded tape).
3. If you have Solaris8x66 booster on your bebop 2 drone (I do) it is a perfect match for strong fpv signal and long distance low flying. In fact, I have descovered (by taking the skyboost apart) that they use the exact same 2.4 booster - NO WONDER THEY WORK SO WELL TOGETHER!

-VRJUNKIE