Bebop 2 unstable

Questions and answers about Bebop, Bebop 2 and the Parrot Skycontroller.
Dunks24767
Newcomer
Drone Type: Bebop 2
Has thanked: 0

Bebop 2 unstable

Post by Dunks24767 » 26 Sep 2018, 12:27

Hi all beboppers

Can anyone help ,

Just before last Christmas i was flying my bebop 2 when i lost connection and it fell into a boating lake and sank i managed to retrieve it after half anhour , a day later i dismantled drone and completely dried it out , now 8 months later i have bought and replaced 2 motors and cross frame and propellers, but still wont take off as it keeps flipping and ideas to cause , are there any difference between white and black props i now about the blank and the hole , ive now ordered new props but would like more info as to why this would happen many thanks

Tsarkoff
Newcomer

Re: Bebop 2 unstable

Post by Tsarkoff » 13 Oct 2018, 09:57

Motors are spinning in a different direction. There are two types of motors. Two of them rotating clockwise, two - anticlockwise. Google for the picture showing right directions and check if your motors installed correctly. Propellers also have different rotation directions. Propellers with a hole in the center should rotate clockwise. Without a hole - anticlockwise.

IronSpear
Ready for take off

Post by IronSpear » 17 Oct 2018, 09:20

You may have the two rear motor cables switched round the wrong way.
I did this when I put my drone back together after a cross section swap.
-(2 x Parrot Bebop 2's - SC1/SC2 - Samsung S7)+(1 x Parrot Mambo - Flypad - Samsung S6)+(GoPro Karma Hero5)-All latest Updates-

Dunks24767
Newcomer

Post by Dunks24767 » 17 Oct 2018, 11:09

Hi thanks all for reply this sounds lije the possible cause as one of the rora blades keep flying off will keep you up to date thanks again and fingers crossed

IronSpear
Ready for take off

Post by IronSpear » 17 Oct 2018, 13:13

Good luck mate!
-(2 x Parrot Bebop 2's - SC1/SC2 - Samsung S7)+(1 x Parrot Mambo - Flypad - Samsung S6)+(GoPro Karma Hero5)-All latest Updates-

dries_w
Ready for take off

Post by dries_w » 18 Oct 2018, 11:13

Dunks24767 wrote:
26 Sep 2018, 12:27
Hi all beboppers

Can anyone help ,
. . . . . . . . but still wont take off as it keeps flipping and ideas to cause , are there any difference between white and black props i now about the blank and the hole , . . . . . .
In my experience the flipping BB2 is mostly caused by mounting the wrong props on the wrong motors (yes it can).
Props with a centre hole must be placed on a motor with a pin in the middle e.a. props without a centre hole goes to the motors without a pin.
You have replaced motors but did you thinking about crossing the rear motor cables? See the repair video on the parrot site for that. :-)
BB2 since december 2015 - iPhoine - Xiaomi WiFi extender - allways latest updates

waterlanding
Just flips over

Post by waterlanding » 18 Oct 2018, 12:25

As other posters have mentioned, it could be the wrong props on the motors. I'm surprised nobody mentioned that there are 2 types of motors as well - just like the props, there's a clockwise and counter-clockwise motor.

You replaced 2 motors before you knew there was a difference, right? That's where you have to look.
Instead of putting the wrong prop on, you likely have a motor turning the wrong way.

The motors look identical, but definitely are not. Each is either marked "C" or "A" (Clockwise, Anti-Clockwise) on the bottom. Looking from the back of the drone, The left rear and right front prop and motor turn clockwise, and require "C" motors and props; the right rear and left front anti-clockwise, with "A" motors and props.. Make sure you have the correct motors (and props!) mounted in the right places.

Dunks24767
Newcomer

Post by Dunks24767 » 21 Oct 2018, 11:29

Hi beboppers

Heres the up date on the stability on my drone , with your replies and advise which i followed and found that the 2 back motors where spining in wrong direction and now have rectified so a big thank you for that 👍 but now the back right has motor stall does this mean a new motor or is it repairable thanks peps for your help ......

dries_w
Ready for take off

Post by dries_w » 21 Oct 2018, 11:46

The 'motor stall' error will probably disapear after a reset. Push the powerbutton for about 10-15 seconds till reboot and wait for a complete startup before doing something else. Have fun :-)
BB2 since december 2015 - iPhoine - Xiaomi WiFi extender - allways latest updates