Bebop 2 ic chip on the mother board

Questions and answers about Bebop, Bebop 2 and the Parrot Skycontroller.
mdcanipe661
Newcomer
Drone Type: Bebop 2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Bebop 2 ic chip on the mother board

Post by mdcanipe661 » 14 Jul 2018, 09:58

Blown chip on both boards

TI 76K
C1YH

On the board the number is:
U1501
Above is the numbers i found on one of the parrot bebob 2 motherboard ic chip! Ironically, they both were damaged in the same identical place.
It would be very appreciated if some one could identify them for me it would really help me understand why they are burning up

What would cause the chip to just go bad under normal circumstances? Is this a common thing because its kinda odd to me that both of my boards has the same problem! The light green one was the original one. Im assuming it went bad because i splashed it into the river but quickly recovered it and disassembled it to dry it out. I did work for about a week and then  completely lost power and would not power back up so I ordered a new one off ebay for $80 to replace and and it done great for about a month .  I did crash it a couple of times but wasn't to bad. But it appeared to be fine. Well I bought some new motors because the shaft were a little wobbly. I powered the drone down, replaced the motors with new ones, put it back together and it hasn't powered back up sinse! Thats when i done a teardown on the drone and found the exact same damge on it as the first one! .

I need some help with this one if anyone would be interested. Thank you!