Bebop 2 FPV - CanTwo People Connect ?

Questions and answers about Bebop, Bebop 2 and the Parrot Skycontroller.
Post Reply
ArtW
Battery Charged
Posts: 6
Joined: 09 Jun 2018, 04:10
Drone Type: Bebop 2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Bebop 2 FPV - CanTwo People Connect ?

Post by ArtW » 09 Jun 2018, 04:29

:geek: Hello all I'm a new drone user. Is there a way I can connect a second FPV goggle to my drone so my wife can watch where I fly while I use my own FPV Google ? If so what goggles are recommended ? Thanks !

Online
User avatar
AR.Tommy
Charged up again
Posts: 1193
Joined: 07 Oct 2010, 07:59
Drone Type: Bebop
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Bebop 2 FPV - CanTwo People Connect ?

Post by AR.Tommy » 09 Jun 2018, 11:21

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is still possible with the latest firmware versions but you can try connecting to port 55004 with VLC and of course the IP address of the Bebop (should be 192.168.42.1 most of the time)
http://www.digitalsirup.com

Sweet and delicious apps for your drones.

Orphyx
Battery Charged
Posts: 5
Joined: 11 Jul 2018, 18:28
Drone Type: Bebop 2
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bebop 2 FPV - CanTwo People Connect ?

Post by Orphyx » 14 Jul 2018, 15:30

I had a similar thought last weekend. I tried connecting 2 devices to the drone (iPad mini 4 and Note 8) both via the Free Flight Pro app. Actually strike that... the drone wouldn't even allow the second device to connect to the WiFi. I imagine this is because of security. You wouldn't want some random person connecting to your drone's wifi and hijacking the connection to steal your drone or to cause mayhem with it!

I wonder about the possibility of having the second device connect to the first device somehow and "Screen sharing". Sort of like how tech support can remotely connect to your computer and see your screen?

Hmmm... this might warrant further thought....

User avatar
IronSpear
Ready for take off
Posts: 13
Joined: 17 Oct 2018, 09:02
Drone Type: Bebop 2
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Bebop 2 FPV - CanTwo People Connect ?

Post by IronSpear » 17 Oct 2018, 13:28

I think you can do it with the Sky Controller 1.

They have a usb and hdmi port.

You may have to give your wife the goggles and you will have to fly the drone "within visual line of sight".
-(2 x Parrot Bebop 2's - SC1/SC2 - Samsung S7)+(1 x Parrot Mambo - Flypad - Samsung S6)+(GoPro Karma Hero5)-All latest Updates-

User avatar
dries_w
Ready for take off
Posts: 16
Joined: 18 Oct 2018, 10:05
Drone Type: Bebop 2
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Bebop 2 FPV - CanTwo People Connect ?

Post by dries_w » 19 Oct 2018, 08:52

Orphyx wrote:
14 Jul 2018, 15:30
. . . . . . I wonder about the possibility of having the second device connect to the first device somehow and "Screen sharing". Sort of like how tech support can remotely connect to your computer and see your screen?. . . . . .
You can set up - in iOS - a 'hotspot' on your device that can be connected by other devices so they can use your WiFi connection. The other devices can use your WiFi to connect to internet etc, but can not use your screen for streaming etc. As you figure it out yourself, WiFi direct to the BB2 is not possible because its a single WiFi connection.
BB2 since december 2015 - iPhoine - Xiaomi WiFi extender - allways latest updates

User avatar
waterlanding
Ready for take off
Posts: 29
Joined: 11 Nov 2017, 18:01
Drone Type: Bebop 2
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Bebop 2 FPV - CanTwo People Connect ?

Post by waterlanding » 19 Oct 2018, 11:49

ArtW wrote:
09 Jun 2018, 04:29
:geek: Hello all I'm a new drone user. Is there a way I can connect a second FPV goggle to my drone so my wife can watch where I fly while I use my own FPV Google ? If so what goggles are recommended ? Thanks !
Very easy. All you need is a Sky Controller 1 (with HDMI output for FPV), a $6 HDMI splitter from Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/Splitter-Adapter ... dpSrc=srch), and 2 sets of HDMI FPV goggles.

User avatar
IronSpear
Ready for take off
Posts: 13
Joined: 17 Oct 2018, 09:02
Drone Type: Bebop 2
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Bebop 2 FPV - CanTwo People Connect ?

Post by IronSpear » 21 Oct 2018, 03:03

waterlanding wrote:
19 Oct 2018, 11:49
ArtW wrote:
09 Jun 2018, 04:29
:geek: Hello all I'm a new drone user. Is there a way I can connect a second FPV goggle to my drone so my wife can watch where I fly while I use my own FPV Google ? If so what goggles are recommended ? Thanks !
Very easy. All you need is a Sky Controller 1 (with HDMI output for FPV), a $6 HDMI splitter from Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/Splitter-Adapter ... dpSrc=srch), and 2 sets of HDMI FPV goggles.
Great idea I will have to get one of these splitters....


PS ...... ?? Is that you "IslandBob" ??
-(2 x Parrot Bebop 2's - SC1/SC2 - Samsung S7)+(1 x Parrot Mambo - Flypad - Samsung S6)+(GoPro Karma Hero5)-All latest Updates-

User avatar
waterlanding
Ready for take off
Posts: 29
Joined: 11 Nov 2017, 18:01
Drone Type: Bebop 2
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Bebop 2 FPV - CanTwo People Connect ?

Post by waterlanding » 21 Oct 2018, 21:53

I'm just curious...
Has anybody ever tried connecting a USB data hub to the SC2 output and then two phones into the hub? If the phones are both in FFPro and set to FPV could the SkyController 2 feed video to 2 devices this way? The individual device handshaking might confuse the SC2, but it might not since FPV is basically one-way...

I can't seem to find an old hub kicking around the house to test with. Anybody else want to give it a try?

--
waterlanding (AKA Island_Bob)

User avatar
IronSpear
Ready for take off
Posts: 13
Joined: 17 Oct 2018, 09:02
Drone Type: Bebop 2
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Bebop 2 FPV - CanTwo People Connect ?

Post by IronSpear » 22 Oct 2018, 06:57

waterlanding wrote:
21 Oct 2018, 21:53
I'm just curious...
Has anybody ever tried connecting a USB data hub to the SC2 output and then two phones into the hub? If the phones are both in FFPro and set to FPV could the SkyController 2 feed video to 2 devices this way? The individual device handshaking might confuse the SC2, but it might not since FPV is basically one-way...

I can't seem to find an old hub kicking around the house to test with. Anybody else want to give it a try?

--
waterlanding (AKA Island_Bob)
Interesting idea, will have to hunt for my old hub and give it a try.
-(2 x Parrot Bebop 2's - SC1/SC2 - Samsung S7)+(1 x Parrot Mambo - Flypad - Samsung S6)+(GoPro Karma Hero5)-All latest Updates-

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests